Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
now the races are split between fox and nbc. fox gets the first half of the season and nbc gets the second half.
It looks like 10 are on Fox , 10 on NBC , and 18 on FS1/ USA.
The best racing I have seen in years was the first season of the SRX series that was on CBS Saturday nights in 2021. Too bad it went belly up

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I know Fox broadcasts some of them. Years ago (40 or more years) Daytona in February, Michigan in June, and Talladega in August were on I believe CBS. That was all we got to see. The Indianapolis 500 was on I believe ABC but was time delayed and shown in prime time. I remember watching the June Michigan race in either 1984 or 1985 when Bill Elliot lapped the field.
I used to go to the June race at MIS every year. Haven’t gone the past couple years. I can’t get into it anymore.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i record the races so i can fast forward through the commercials. it makes the races way shorter.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to go to the June race at MIS every year. Haven’t gone the past couple years. I can’t get into it anymore.
I thought they were closing Michigan but it looks like they are on the schedule for this year. I know they added Iowa this year and it sold out. They dumped the dirt at Bristol also.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if i know im not going to use something for a long time. i dump the fuel out and start it and let it idle til it dies. then pull it over again until it wont start. i always run e free gas and good oil. i buy gas and put stabil in and put a date on the can so i know how old the gas is. i havent had any issues with any of my equipment. i forgot to dump the gas out of my pole saw one time i hadnt run it in two years and it fired right up and ran fine.
I think there is a rule of thumb that You shouldn't do that, but I could be wrong.
Something about the engine running on fumes and breaking the oil film allowing metal 2 metal friction causing increased wear?
Also, Your carbs diaphragms will go from wet to dry and back to wet each time.

Though I guess this discussion is just as moot as what oil to use.

Do what proved to be working for You and Your application!

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have ran equip dry for years. i think i read that you should do that in the paperwork i got with my shindaiwa hedge trimmers 20 years ago. i have done it bothh ways.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank You!
I learned something today and it is just 7AM.
i was just being silly....a lot of teams us mobil 1 that they work with the mfg to have it formulated exactly the way that they want it. valvoline and amsoil are also used....

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought they were closing Michigan but it looks like they are on the schedule for this year. I know they added Iowa this year and it sold out. They dumped the dirt at Bristol also.
No they never talked of closing MIS, but they did lose the June race due to NASCAR wanting to race different tracks Father’s Day weekend. Hell its the fastest track they race on since they resurfaced it a few years ago.

Iowa is getting the Father’s Day weekend this year it looks like.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No they never talked of closing MIS, but they did lose the June race due to NASCAR wanting to race different tracks Father’s Day weekend. Hell its the fastest track they race on since they resurfaced it a few years ago.

Iowa is getting the Father’s Day weekend this year it looks like.
Dad used to go to Michigan for the June race to. When I was getting ready to graduate high school I had a huge blowout graduation party planned for that weekend. I think he could smell it and did not go. 😞 Now as a seasoned adult many decades later I know it is best he stayed home

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can tell you Iowa is not equipped for cup race traffic and crowds. The last race I went to there was the Indy race in 2017. It was vacant though.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can tell you Iowa is not equipped for cup race traffic and crowds. The last race I went to there was the Indy race in 2017. It was vacant though.
I was a big Earnhardt fan. He made racing interesting. After he passed racing never had the same feel to it. I lost interest really. Never followed dale jr. I miss the old raving where you could pass in the grass and just do whatever. Maybe it’s safer now but hard to stay interested

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was a big Earnhardt fan. He made racing interesting. After he passed racing never had the same feel to it. I lost interest really. Never followed dale jr. I miss the old raving where you could pass in the grass and just do whatever. Maybe it’s safer now but hard to stay interested
Dale Sr was a filthy, dirty racer but you are right he made it interesting. Of course some of my disdain for him comes from the fact that I bleed Ford Blue. My man was Bill Elliot and he will always be the fastest man in NASCAR history at 212mph. Of course if they removed the restrictor plates that record would be shattered.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dale Sr was a filthy, dirty racer but you are right he made it interesting. Of course some of my disdain for him comes from the fact that I bleed Ford Blue. My man was Bill Elliot and he will always be the fastest man in NASCAR history at 212mph. Of course if they removed the restrictor plates that record would be shattered.
Awesome bill

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah yes, restrictor plates - NASCAR being the only motorsport on the planet to actually make the competitors slower… 🤦🏻‍♂️