High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I seen a vid some dude testing oil at 1000:1 the Amsoil failed before the cheap oem oil in brand new weed wackers..
Reading this post rung a bell on the 1000:1 deal. Sounded familiar. Sure enough it was a partially watched vid in my YouTube history. It only took a couple minutes to remember why I didn't finish it, but today I watched the whole thing. Previously I didn't know the outcome because I thought it would be tainted anyway.

First off, yes, if you just skipped to the end it appears amsoil quit first. It did at the end. What you miss if you didn't suffer through this morons bla bla bla is this....

He can bearly start these. Like lack of knowledge type starting and admits it. He doesn't appear to have retuned from his previous tests in the same trimmers. And worst of all, for me, his method of "pretty close" on his measurments could easily fowl the results. "Just a tad more than a pinch" on his oil. Really? Anyway, The smaller the amount you are working with the more a tiny differnce in measuring matters. Be off a quarter ml at 32:1, no biggy. Being off a quarter ml when mixing a 1000:1 will have drastic effects. Thats why I use a syringe marked off in 1 ml increments. Same with reloading. The smaller the cartridge the more effect being over charged has on the pressure inside the chamber. This guy doesn't even measure his fuel on a flat level surface and guesses that he has close to one ml of oil.

And the last very important item missed from skipping through this vid. All during the multiple times the "cheap" oil test unit got hot and quit, he kept the amsoil unit running. It actully has a longer run time on it over all in this particular video. I wouldn't trust his results matter how they turned out based on his lack of precision in measuring and his inconsistent way of testing. Watch it if yall want, but this tells the whole story. Warnig, 47 mn of your life you won't get back lol.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pssssst......Amsoil Dominator FTW.

WRONG!
Well, not totally.
For while the engine is running, yes I would mostly agree.
For while the saw is stored(majority of its life) absolutely not. Here, an oil made for OPE will win over the thoroughbred racing oil every time in fuel system management failures and readiness to be put back into service without issue.
The big difference between the two are the extra additives put into Saber for things such as extra high heat operation, decarbonization, clinginess, stabilization and color identification all take away slightly from overall lubricity that makes Dominator a top winning racing oil.
Question is, should that transfer to OPE usage with all its unique long term needs?

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reading this post rung a bell on the 1000:1 deal. Sounded familiar. Sure enough it was a partially watched vid in my YouTube history. It only took a couple minutes to remember why I didn't finish it, but today I watched the whole thing. Previously I didn't know the outcome because I thought it would be tainted anyway.

First off, yes, if you just skipped to the end it appears amsoil quit first. It did at the end. What you miss if you didn't suffer through this morons bla bla bla is this....

He can bearly start these. Like lack of knowledge type starting and admits it. He doesn't appear to have retuned from his previous tests in the same trimmers. And worst of all, for me, his method of "pretty close" on his measurments could easily fowl the results. "Just a tad more than a pinch" on his oil. Really? Anyway, The smaller the amount you are working with the more a tiny differnce in measuring matters. Be off a quarter ml at 32:1, no biggy. Being off a quarter ml when mixing a 1000:1 will have drastic effects. Thats why I use a syringe marked off in 1 ml increments. Same with reloading. The smaller the cartridge the more effect being over charged has on the pressure inside the chamber. This guy doesn't even measure his fuel on a flat level surface and guesses that he has close to one ml of oil.

And the last very important item missed from skipping through this vid. All during the multiple times the "cheap" oil test unit got hot and quit, he kept the amsoil unit running. It actully has a longer run time on it over all in this particular video. I wouldn't trust his results matter how they turned out based on his lack of precision in measuring and his inconsistent way of testing. Watch it if yall want, but this tells the whole story. Warnig, 47 mn of your life you won't get back lol.

Watched a few min at the start to get the gist of it then yes I skipped to the end.
It's irrelevant and meaningless no one runs anything at those silly mix ratios it's up there with taking off your steel cap boots and dropping a brick on ya foot to see if it hurts lol

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m glad it wasn’t PF test that was not up to snuff. I think his stuff is fairly fair. (I didn’t watch either video in this instance) Maybe later, like during a blizzard or ice storm...
The project farm videos, so far in everything he's tested seem pretty legit.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Watched a few min at the start to get the gist of it then yes I skipped to the end.
It's irrelevant and meaningless no one runs anything at those silly mix ratios it's up there with taking off your steel cap boots and dropping a brick on ya foot to see if it hurts lol
Agreed. It was painful to watch. Guy is an oddball.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
WRONG!
Well, not totally.
For while the engine is running, yes I would mostly agree.
For while the saw is stored(majority of its life) absolutely not. Here, an oil made for OPE will win over the thoroughbred racing oil every time in fuel system management failures and readiness to be put back into service without issue.
The big difference between the two are the extra additives put into Saber for things such as extra high heat operation, decarbonization, clinginess, stabilization and color identification all take away slightly from overall lubricity that makes Dominator a top winning racing oil.
Question is, should that transfer to OPE usage with all its unique long term needs?
So far, for me, normal winter storage using Dominator has shown zero negative side effects using rec fuel and canned fuel. No rust, no corrosion. Stored in an unheated garage. I do use PRI-G stabilizer in my E-free pump fuel year around and have for quite some time. The canned fuel doesn't need any. Amsoil recommend Dominator to me over Saber because I was running it in a ported saw. Not wanting to run two different oils so everything gets it @40:1.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m only here to argue. Lol. I’m using husky low smoke. Cheap bottle

Kawasaki fd rated for air cooled

and some raisman I got from hL to make shipping sweeter at the time. It’s working.

if I run out I’d be likely to buy whatever there was a good deal on that I thought would be fine.

but I love a good argument

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
2:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m only here to argue. Lol. I’m using husky low smoke. Cheap bottle

Kawasaki fd rated for air cooled

and some raisman I got from hL to make shipping sweeter at the time. It’s working.

if I run out I’d be likely to buy whatever there was a good deal on that I thought would be fine.

but I love a good argument
Not me brother!:DLife is good these days on my end and I eliminate negativity. I drop in here occasionally and look for some good info