What oil is best? and what ratio?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah 16 for auto renewal i use there tranny fluid, motor oil ,gear oil,boat 2 stroke oil,penetrating oil,gun cleaners are excellent,im gonna try thre bar oil next stihl bar oil dont have the tack it used to its so hot here
I use to deal the Amsoil products years ago when I was in boat racing. Great products

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few guys that used to use Amsoil diesel oil in their trucks, until they got a UOA done and were shocked at the results.
Needless to say, none of them use Amsoil anymore.
Not trying to knock the product, just stating facts.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
U likin the Dolmar oil?
It’s been very good for me so far. I haven’t torn my saws down to check them after running it, though, but a certain saw porter who shall remain nameless sent me pics of my saws when he had them apart. They looked great, and that was when I ran them at 50:1. Running 40:1 now, just for good measure. He even asked me what I used, so he could buy some for himself. I have no reason to doubt him on that matter.
I just got done running about a gallon and a half of gas with Woodland Pro Synthetic through my backpack blower. It might work well, but smells like *s-word. I won’t be using that again.

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure, my firewood delivery is about over so I don't need a whole case and I've wanted to try it.
Cool. I’ll order it it up, and send you half when I get it, if that works for you. I can ship for next to nothing through work.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been very good for me so far. I haven’t torn my saws down to check them after running it, though, but a certain saw porter who shall remain nameless sent me pics of my saws when he had them apart. They looked great, and that was when I ran them at 50:1. Running 40:1 now, just for good measure. He even asked me what I used, so he could buy some for himself. I have no reason to doubt him on that matter.
I just got done running about a gallon and a half of gas with Woodland Pro Synthetic through my backpack blower. It might work well, but smells like *s-word. I won’t be using that again.
Lol on the Woodland!!:eek::D

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thats what a porter said about me using amsoil if yo go back 6 pages or so give or take i posted some pics and she was runnin a bit fat too

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fact of the matter. There are many good oils out there. If it works for you, then use it. Many good options.
I used Stihl orange bottle oil for over 20 years in a Stihl 029. Piston and cylinder looked like new when I sold it s few months ago. [emoji106]

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fact of the matter. There are many good oils out there. If it works for you, then use it. Many good options.
I used Stihl orange bottle oil for over 20 years in a Stihl 029. Piston and cylinder looked like new when I sold it s few months ago. [emoji106]
Thats what ive been sayin exactly. Like i stated prev old timers used 30 weight for mix

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like amsoil gear lubes and lower unit oils too.
When I ran the Mercury Pro Max 280hp on my boat we were looking for a couple hundred more rpm on the bigend. Amsoil lower unit mixed 50/50 with tranny oil did just that. Usually had to spend several thousand for thoso last couple hundred on the topend

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I've seen saws live lives you can't believe and still make it a few years on stihl oil..this stuff gets ridiculous sometimes.