What kind of beer you boys drink?

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
8:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any chance this thread gets back to discussing beer? I mean from a historical perspective. Most of what's going on here is post prohibition WW2 women beer talk. I love you guys but come ON!!

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any chance this thread gets back to discussing beer? I mean from a historical perspective. Most of what's going on here is post prohibition WW2 women beer talk. I love you guys but come ON!!
That seems a man bun wearing craft batch brewed beer is the only beer snob type comment to me Timoti.

But what do I know?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last resort nought else around tonight

View attachment 346607

From what I understand Carling was/is considered a premium beer in Canada. Last time I saw it here in the states it was a bottom shelf econo brew, though I have read that it is not the same product as in Canada or the UK.

North by Northwest

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I understand Carling was/is considered a premium beer in Canada. Last time I saw it here in the states it was a bottom shelf econo brew, though I have read that it is not the same product as in Canada or the UK.
Back in the 60 's it ran 3rd in a 3 horse race , behind Labatt's Blue & Molson Canadian . Then it fell off the Podium Brother !

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was in college, Carling was dirt cheap like the same price as store brand soda pop, and only the biggest warehouse type liquor stores carried it. The alcohol content was low enough to where the street drunks wouldn't bother with it, and of course the flavor severely limited its appeal to anybody else. I'm pretty sure that at the time it was made by Pabst, and must have been the result of getting one more fermentation cycle out of some really tired hops and grain.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was in college, Carling was dirt cheap like the same price as store brand soda pop, and only the biggest warehouse type liquor stores carried it. The alcohol content was low enough to where the street drunks wouldn't bother with it, and of course the flavor severely limited its appeal to anybody else. I'm pretty sure that at the time it was made by Pabst, and must have been the result of getting one more fermentation cycle out of some really tired hops and grain.

Yeah it ain’t got much of a taste it’s always on a Special in most Food stores
Over here