High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What has your dealer gouged you on lately?

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_2926.JPG Half a fuel line for a MS660 was $15.45 plus tax. Getting a 10% discount doesn't seem to matter nowadays. Now it does say "Hose" so I guess I got "Hosed". I know some of you may chime in and say that the Chinese ones are dirt cheap. And that is true. I have had a couple of them not seal or fold in half or......so I'm only using OEM. I've got to have confidence when I put on a part on for a customer, that it works right the first time. I've done this for a long time and occasionally I'm still shocked at how much somethings are. Discuss gentlemen

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I got sticker shock on was when I am being forced to buy the Zama carburetor RB kits from the dealer now as I was buying them through my Zama distributor at about a 1/3 of the current cost back in 2017. Stihl has ordered Zama not to sell these kits directly anymore. which they can do since Stihl holds the reins of Zama now. Just now running out the kits that I had in stock. My dealer also took back the 10% discount on top of this too claiming the profit margin was too small on the parts.

It doesn't help either that the dealer don't stock these kits so they need to order them and charge me an additional shc charge of $20.

Last edited:

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered some parts at my stihl dealer without asking prices for my 066 build - On the way home they call me to say oh only 1 ring is in stock, we can ship you the other ring from Texas for $10 shipping & I laugh & ask what do these rings cost - oh $30 a piece.... I don't want any but thanks

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered some parts at my stihl dealer without asking prices for my 066 build - On the way home they call me to say oh only 1 ring is in stock, we can ship you the other ring from Texas for $10 shipping & I laugh & ask what do these rings cost - oh $30 a piece.... I don't want any but thanks

That was the same price I was quoted for a ms290 ring.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 158996 Half a fuel line for a MS660 was $15.45 plus tax. Getting a 10% discount doesn't seem to matter nowadays. Now it does say "Hose" so I guess I got "Hosed". I know some of you may chime in and say that the Chinese ones are dirt cheap. And that is true. I have had a couple of them not seal or fold in half or......so I'm only using OEM. I've got to have confidence when I put on a part on for a customer, that it works right the first time. I've done this for a long time and occasionally I'm still shocked at how much somethings are. Discuss gentlemen

Buy one of those green ones, you will think these are cheap!

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I rarely buy anything from the dealer anymore. They are triple the price and they never have it in stock so there’s no convenience factor. My last inquiry was on 4 little orings for my298 oil pump 40$ and a 346 airfilter 30$. And it would take a week to get them.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I dont get is why one guy has a muffler for 65, and the next has it for 85 and says theres no room for movement in these parts.When clearly you are charging me an extra 20 for the air in the box.

Id have bought two at the 65 price and its my go to supplier.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl MS661 pull cord housing -- $110 plus $10 delivery plus 7% sales tax. Aftermarket is unavailable. You can buy an MS660 equivalent for about $30 delivered and maybe less. The dealer claims they have no voice on the issue, and that's probably true.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on who is behind the counter at Jack Horner Machinery.

Tyler gouged me $38 for an 036 intake boot. John or Shawn, it was $32 the last time.

With the later two it’s “is this a cash sale, do you need a ticket”

Answer no, and the price drops rounded off to the nearest 50 cents.

Flippy caps are now $3.50. [emoji106]. They were $9.80. [emoji37]

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have noticed some husky dealers pass on the $10 handling freight whatever charge to each customer. Some split it up among the customers on the order. Adds up quick when you only need one part.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last year I paid 49.95 for a ms200 manifold/intake boot. After I had Bought a bag full of boots from China and NONE of them would hold a seal at the intake. Before I left the dealership I had them double check and confirm the OEM price. Seriously tho my "go to dealer" has a great staff and he's a stand up guy. I did call a couple other dealers and they gave me the same price. A month later it was 35ish.

I swear stihl keeps up on these forums and see what aftermarket parts suck and jack it up.