Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome,
This section is here to share close calls, near misses and accidents. The purpose is a common interest we all have to continue living as healthy as possible. There are three ways to increase our safety/hazard knowledge.
  1. Learn from experience like (I stuck my finger in boiling water, it's hot)
  2. Read or research (from the official manual on boiling water... don't touch boiling water it is hot and will cause an injury and resulting pain.
  3. Being told by someone who has experienced a hazard (Momma told me when I was young, stay away from the stove and boiling water it will cause an ouchie)
There is only one rule specific to this sub-forum.
Disparaging comments on a near miss or accident will not be tolerated. The post will be denied and deleted.

The purpose is to encourage free sharing, we all have done some less than intelligent things or shortcuts.
Sharing experience we have may save a like-minded internet acquaintance from experiencing the same hazards. That is the main objective of this sub forum.
A great example is the accident that Rodney (leadfarmer's) daughter Shemane had where she lost some fingers in a wood splitting accident. This could happen to most of us. It could have been worse and it could also have just been a just a close call with no actual injury. It took courage for them to share, no one likes to make themselves vulnerable to ridicule. Because of this courage we will all be more likely to be mindful of the hazards of a wood splitter.

This is also a good place to share and review ppe and links to story's of other accidents that happened.

Thank you for your contribution to others safety.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.