• Poll closed .

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to thank @166 Scott and everyone from his organization for putting on this awesome event. [emoji106]
I thank the sponsors, Dolmar, Makita, Oregon, VP Fuel, Rockstar Energy Drinks, and anyone else who I may have inadvertently left out for a great day!

Great people!
Great fun!
Great food!
Friendships!

All around. I am humbled and glad to be part of all of this. [emoji106]

Very nice meeting Randy and Dave. And everyone else who came from afar to be there.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a whale of a time, met lots of cool dudes, had some good grub, and enjoyed a flawless day as well as a beautiful ride to the event. If I hadn't been bringing saws I would have been riding my motorcycle.

@fossil it was nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy that old homelite!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My highlight was asking Randy a question and he pats the tailgate next to him, scoots over and says, have a seat...
I may have to start calling him Dad [emoji6]
And that 661 Randy...
It just seems like it shouldn't be...
But damn is that thing strong!!!
Ran a 10 pin like a boss!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We should have run that Makita side by side with my 298, damn. That's a nice setup, like your homemade bar.
@huskyboy, what do you think, my 298 take on that Makita? :biggrin:
That's a tough one that 298xp was strong! That 9010 isn't easy to beat. That cotton wood was some deceptively nasty stuff to cut, really a good test of a saw. I had a great time and won't be forgetting this gtg for a long long time !

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My highlight was asking Randy a question and he pats the tailgate next to him, scoots over and says, have a seat...
And that 661 Randy...

With the exhaust at 96.....well?

El Freako MS661

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And that 661 Randy...

I have a video of you running that. I want to group some of these videos together on YouTube as apposed to making a while bunch of 30-50 second clips.

That was a good running saw. Randy sure does know how to make them cut like a Husky. :risas3:

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy I don't think I got to say goodbye to you yesterday -- it was great to meet you and converse! Have a safe flight home.

Wanted to extend a huge thank you to Steve and Scott for allowing me to come a day early and run around the shop inside and out getting the network setup and camera and the like!
The Cutting Edge IS the real deal when it comes to a saw dealer.

Also want to thank Greg the Oregon rep from Oak City for helping run wire and get the wireless AP up on the container. We found the container doubled as a great pen for Nate @Black Dog Chainsaw when he was hoarding through the shop ;)

I'm going to have a hard time putting forum names to real names... seems we forgot nametags again.

I'm probably forgetting people to thank -- the other sponsors etc. I just feel lucky to be a part of all of this. It's the whole gang that really makes this thing so thank you guys!
Gotta head to a work meeting -- looking forward to watching all the posts come in to this thread.

Cheers.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a video of you running that. I want to group some of these videos together on YouTube as apposed to making a while bunch of 30-50 second clips.

That was a good running saw. Randy sure does know how to make them cut like a Husky. :risas3:

I'll be honest, I'm more apt to watch the clips than a whole group of ten bunched together...