• Poll closed .

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Car is all packed up finally -- been at it since about 3:00 when I changed out the tank on my 262 it finally no longer leaks, wireless and camera set to go, 1000' cat-5 wire, battery boxes, dyno setup to work w/ motorcycle brake version, saws. Gotta book hotel room now.

I'll get up early tomorrow and head there so there's plenty of time to dink with the live stream setup.
Need to put an edge on my chains and I'm ready. I should have borrowed red lever 10mm 044 I'm hoping to make mine this summer. Maybe I'll just snag the one @Definitive Dave is bringing -- those saws do like to growl for "stock".

Glad to see Randy made it -- welcome to the Northeast @Mastermind !!!

Cheers.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr. Bob i'm very interested in that there Stihl head book. Need to
start focusing on other brands besides Mac, Homelite and Dolmar.

Where is the dislike buttton...???

That's right I used 3x t's above b/c I got hammered on Caroline St in Saratoga tonight.

Still hating on Uncle Lee's comment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Is this the new Rep a Ho' thread?

Glad to see that my bestest friend @Mastermind made it safely over the Mason-Dixon line.

Flying to a GTG is so much easier than driving for hours and hours. Less chance of forgetting to bring stuff when all you have is a suitcase.

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this the new Rep a Ho' thread?

Glad to see that my bestest friend @Mastermind made it safely over the Mason-Dixon line.

Flying to a GTG is so much easier than driving for hours and hours. Less chance of forgetting to bring stuff when all you have is a suitcase.
Is he the one that rode in with the funny accent guy?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the things I like about this GTG is it's the one time of the year I get to hang around with......................well, "Stihl People". I was always a little leery of that bunch. I mean, how much do we really know about stihl people? Where do they come from? Why are they here? Ya know, my neighbor runs a stihl. He has some buddies that run stihls come over some nights, and they have these mini GTG type things. Being a Husky/Jonny guy I haven't been invited, but ya know, maybe if they knew I had that 041. They run these saws kind of late into the night. Don't really bother me, cause I run saws late sometimes when I'm out in the workshop. But, comes around midnight and there's other eerie sounds from up on that hill. Sometimes amongst the saw noise, I hear screams. Horrible screams followed by ...................laughter! A mighty sinister bunch these stihl people are. But I'm looking forward to seeing a few of you on Sunday.

OK, real reason for the post, now that I have the attention of you stihl heads. Have a couple books that would be interesting to stihl guys. Came with one of our dealer buyouts. Complete set of service manuals covering the 08s-084 era. Includes 038, 056, 076, 090, 084. Looks like they've hardly been used. Also have a book of IPLs covering mostly the same models. Pictures below. This stuff worth anything to someone? Like maybe a case of IPA?

View attachment 66696

View attachment 66697

View attachment 66698

So,

What IPA do I need to bring?

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now I'm sitting in the back seat of @Cobby08 's truck waiting on his and @Adirondackstihl to get the key for the place we're staying.

I didn't wanna scare none of these northern folk with my Tennessee accent.

From Now On, if you don't mind, would YOU please get the Keys when us'ins check into a place?

It's hard for me to talk on the phone about how to break in to the place we paid for, especially when I'm already explaining to the Border Gestapo why I'm invading New Yak from the North.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone got a use for some freezer packs? My wife gets 4 a month with a prescription. They are clean and packed in medical grade packaging. I have a freezer full and rather than throw them away I have been saving them. They are about 9x4 ish. I could bring a grocery bag full if anyone would like some.
View attachment 66714

Kroger Sack, or Publix?

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm bringing extra ice packs for the Stihl owners. Just apply the ice where the Husqvarnas hurt you.

Normally, it's the elbow region, due to way too many pulls on the starter rope.

Also, getting pinched from the jumper cables, but I'm no Electrician.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll bring my high powered magnet on wheels for the Husky guys. Make finding the screws on the ground easier. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking a tarp might be your best option, since they will only be pulled on in a centralized area: below a tailgate should do.