PAST UPSTATE NY GTG 2019 - Sunday May 5th

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Latest Greenwich weather says decent Saturday and just cloudy and no rain Sunday. I think this is gonna work! Will know for sure tomorrow night. I'm thinking we at least don't have to deal with a washout. I won't mind the cooler temps the clouds will provide.

It was 90 and dry in Boston last year this time! Sunburnt and dehydrated last year.

Rolling in late Saturday afternoon. Will try to get my sharpening in before but I may need vise time. Will get up early Sunday if need be!

Sounds like a lot of unique saws coming. Looking forward to spectating and some cutting and see guys I only see once or twice per year!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy Saturday before dinner we should try dialing in the hybrid. Al sent along clutch springs as they may be a little weak I'll try to install before I get there but if not we can do that. Don't tell Jeff but we will be wrenching on a Stihl ... Shhhh....

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy Saturday before dinner we should try dialing in the hybrid. Al sent along clutch springs as they may be a little weak I'll try to install before I get there but if not we can do that. Don't tell Jeff but we will be wrenching on a Stihl ... Shhhh....

Hopefully I get up there before dinner time, if not I’ll be there early Sunday morning. You do know that if it rains you can’t run that stihl right? ;):)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your Stihl got a Hooskie piston in it, right Eric?
Lol
AND I never said Stihl's don't work in the rain. I simply said "I" don't work or use my ported Stihl's in the rain. I don't need the wood or money that bad. Plus I always work alone so...
AND I try to take good care of my stuff...

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A front will stall to our south over the weekend. Several weak low pressure waves will move along the front. Just how close those waves come to us will determine whether we escape the weekend dry, or we contend with showers from time to time. The best chance of dry weather and more sun will be north of Albany while the best chance of rain will be to the south. Ultimately, how much sun we get will determine our high temperatures, and right now it looks like it will be in the 60s.

If this holds you nailed it pretty dang good Steve! As of now, 20% up there and down here, a little better than an hour south it's 80% rain. Be a fun ride up as the weather clears and the clouds break up; little patch of blue. Gonna be a good day.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well its raining here but I need to get out and start prepping to load up the back of the truck. I'll be delivering some swede a55 whup to keep them stihl guys in line. Im looking forward to this gtg.

I would be neat if there was a way to make an attendance sheet with an option to show which day also.
Maybe one of the mods could help... @Stump Shot @Mastermind

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well its raining here but I need to get out and start prepping to load up the back of the truck. I'll be delivering some swede a55 whup to keep them stihl guys in line. Im looking forward to this gtg.

I would be neat if there was a way to make an attendance sheet with an option to show which day also.
Maybe one of the mods could help... @Stump Shot @Mastermind

Other gtg threads have simply started a list that members can copy and paste and then add their name and post.
To get started:

David Young