Country flag

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the posts guys, I do really hope we do this again in the future, I really miss them!

The people, the saws (and other nifty equipment ... old and new), the food ... just an overall good time!

I always look forward to it as my "spring break" after Tax Season!!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Growing up less than an hour North of NYC, I discovered the difference between Upstate and Downstate a long time ago.

Went to College in Rochester in the early 70s. Went to a local gun shop where I purchase my Model 71 - 348 Winchester (which, ironically, I just shot at the range today).

When I said I was interested in purchasing it, the guy behind the counter handed me three shells and said "there is a range out back". I guess I must have looked at him dumbfounded and he further said "you said you know how the shoot a gun, the range is in the back"!

Not long after I graduated and got my first job in NYC. At lunch time, we went shopping locally. When you tried to enter a store with a bag from another store, they grabbed it out of my hands and said you can't bring a bag in with you!!!

Never mind talking about keeping coins for the bridge tolls in your ash tray, and when you were driving home after leaving your car at the parking garage finding your ash tray empty! It did not happen every time, but it happened often!

Just a night and day difference in 'TRUST" and the way people treat you!!!

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

EtotgeF

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This sounds like fun i’m from the big county up north small town called Gouverneur.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simplify…just some wood, bring your own everything else. Limit number of attendees.

BTW, you northerners about ready for one down here? It’s like 70f. 😁