High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ultrasonic cleaners? What can I clean

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
2:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One trick I learned from an old time painter is use fabric softener to help clean paint brushes. It's a surfactant. His quote " it makes water wetter " . It actually works great. I wonder if it would work on plastics in an ultrasonic. It's gentle enough for fabric. I don't have an cleaner or would try. Just an out of the box idea.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought dingleberries was one of those educated welder words.

And it just may be that you are correct in this assertion. It is possible that there is a plethora of uses of this expression.
It may be that I am acquiring knowledge of such etymology here on this fine sight.
I must say that I am very grateful for the acquisition. Thank you! :cool:

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One trick I learned from an old time painter is use fabric softener to help clean paint brushes. It's a surfactant. His quote " it makes water wetter " . It actually works great. I wonder if it would work on plastics in an ultrasonic. It's gentle enough for fabric. I don't have an cleaner or would try. Just an out of the box idea.
Fabric softeners are acidic. They neutralize the soap which is basic/alkali so you end up with a Ph close to 7/neutral

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I made the switch, ended up with 38 gallons, should be good for this year now.View attachment 258507
Gawddam! You know something we don't know? Da fuq did ur TP stash look like in the midst of COVID?
Wait a minute......are you the dude that was driving home wif the PALLET of toilet paper on a trailer?! :facepalm:

:pancarta:

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I found it and most shelves here are empty so I can't afford to be without it, it's essential for me to port saws with.
Yep, I get it. Most fuggin stores around here look like someone robbed the place of cleaning and canning supplies. Most everything else is fine. Fuggin ridiculous.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found it and most shelves here are empty so I can't afford to be without it, it's essential for me to port saws with.

In what manner is the Awesome used to aid in porting. Asking for a friend.
Inquiring minds have a need to know.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use it to clean the cylinders, not all the saws I port are new, I also use it to clean after I grind the cylinders, to.remove any shavings.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use it to clean the cylinders, not all the saws I port are new, I also use it to clean after I grind the cylinders, to.remove any shavings.

I have a cheap harbor freight USC now. Would awesome be effective on carbs?

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was ran at 30mins with the heat set to 50 degrees Celsius.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FYI. I know you have stock but for others I just saw gallon jug pallets of totally awesome at Ollie's for 4.99/gal. People may have to actually visit their local store to see if there is stock. It seams items vary per region. I was just at Myrtle Beach and they didn't have what was advertised in Pittsburgh.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And it just may be that you are correct in this assertion. It is possible that there is a plethora of uses of this expression.
It may be that I am acquiring knowledge of such etymology here on this fine sight.
I must say that I am very grateful for the acquisition. Thank you! :cool:
Another term we used when I was welding in the trades is pecker tracks which is striking your rod outside the weld area and leaving an arc mark.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After doing some homework it seems a USC might be best for just carbs. Anything else I can soak/boil/pressure wash/solvent tank/dishwasher.

My main concern is getting troublesome carbs perfectly clean…do y’all concur that this is the way? Recommendations for a small usc?
Thanks

Last edited:

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
iSonic P4820-WPT Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner, 2.6Qt/2.5L, White Color, Plastic Tray (not a Basket), 110V
I've had this exact one for 2 to 3 years now. Works great. I've "boiled" a few hundred carbs and a ton of other things in it. If the bottom layout of the stainless pan is the same, you'll have a center disk shape and 2 side rectangle ones. Just cover the entire center disk with regular Dawn dish soap. Fill the rest with hot water. The far right button is your tanks hot water switch. Next one is a time setting button. Then off/on.

I use it on all kinds if things. Even certain fuel filters and air filters. Just apply air pressure from the inlet when your done to not only dry it off, but to blast out hard things stuck in it. I sometimes get Farmertec kit bearings that are really messed up with metal shavings. This help get them out. Once you have one, you start finding all kinds of things that can go in them.