Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need an ultrasonic bathtub!

Philbert
Can't seem to find a link anymore, it's been a long time.
But many years ago there was a relevant article about workers in an electronics plant.
The workers were loading and unloading parts in the tank of an Ultrasonic cleaner.
Workers weren't following protocol and were putting their fingers into an operating cleaner tank and it eventually took its toll.
Fingertips got kinda rubbery as the bones were slowly eroded by the cleaner energy.
I think the liability lawyers were trying to blame (ghetto lottery) the solvent maker too.

Story didn't make it clear if the behavior was employer/job retention motivated or just complacent workers.

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use whatever solution seems to be a good solvent for the material I want to remove. Mostly I keep plain water in the Ultrasonic tank and add a plastic cup of the cleaner and parts floating in the tank. Its easy to change solvents and to fish out your parts. Also uses only enough solvent to do the job rather than the whole tank full.

It is very important to rinse well. A vibrating rinse in a cup of hot water in the machine, then plenty of hot running water. If you are concerned about any acid damage, a rinse in baking soda water will kill it.

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your floating cup tries to tip over you can make a little holder by laying a small strip of wood across the tank and clipping the cup to it to keep it upright and from moving around.
Also, don’t put parts loose in the tank. Hard parts vibrating against the walls might wear a hole.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nie bylo sitka w gazniku i zapchany jest kanal śrubki H myjka ultradźwiękowa pomoże? przepcha to ? Nie ma reakcji na srubke H / pilarka odpala i parkocze a ciąć się nie daje / dot pl

huskyhank

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't most come with some type of basket?

Philbert

I guess so but it seemed worth mentioning.
Also, for best results you need to run the tank full of solution to get the micro air bubbles out the first time you use the solution. Until then its not cleaning 100%.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nie bylo sitka w gazniku i zapchany jest kanal śrubki H myjka ultradźwiękowa pomoże? przepcha to ? Nie ma reakcji na srubke H / pilarka odpala i parkocze a ciąć się nie daje / dot pl

Umm,, intrigued that you can read English and reply in polish..

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't most come with some type of basket?

Philbert

Jewelers use insulated solid copper wire laid across the top of the tank to suspend rings and such in the tank for cleaning.

The screen tea balls will hold small parts and suspended into the solution. They come in 2 sizes on Ebay.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I put a glass jar with the cleaner and muh parts in the water.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fond of using the bottom half of those flimsy plastic water bottles for parts holders.
Generally, if I have the fluid level in the bottle half a little bit higher than the fluid level in the cleaner tank, the bottle bottom will sit in the basket and not try to tip over.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

"There was no strainer in the gaznik and the channel of the screw is clogged H ultrasonic cleaner will help? pushes it? There is no reaction to the H bolt / the saw starts and splits and cuts do not give / dot pl"

Philbert (and Google Translate)

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I clean my carry pistol in mine. Dump it in whole(unloaded). Field strip after it's done,blow it off with canned air ,lightly oil the slide and reassemble. Good to go. I use Dawn for everything.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have used it exclusively for years now, never a problem till this batch of 5 gallons, I am currently trying a new solution out, will report my findings in the thread I revised from the past

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used purple power last night from DG about 2 cups of it/ 2 gallon of water, did ok for a hour, then started turning the cylinder darker.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used purple power last night from DG about 2 cups of it/ 2 gallon of water, did ok for a hour, then started turning the cylinder darker.

I've been wondering about the cleaners in the ultrasonic.
These posts are helping some