TS500i

Andysuds

New OPE Member
Local time
7:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi
I have 2 ts500i Stone saws,both saws will start no problem and idle all day long,give them full throttle and after 10 seconds or so they cut out as if they have been switched off,both will start again first pull and do the same again.Any thoughts

Andysuds

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for you thoughts i will be at them again tomorrow,will let you know how it goes,many thanks

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, after a long silly reply ( about carbs & and fuel filters)...I will just say changed the tank filters.. if it will idle all day and you rev it to the moon the fuel filter in the tank is blocked and not supplying enough fuel

if you need more help then please reply. Here or via pm... here will get others views ;)

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You anywhere near Brighton..... I used to know someone with a name like yours

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don’t normally have spark arresters in the uk.. but it’s always worth thinking out side the box so to speak.
I’ve seen a few trimmers with screens in but no saws. But you never know, someone may have slipped one in there :eek:
;)

:):):)

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I’ve zipped around a bit... it could be a few other things.. but I gleaned this for you

they have been having problems with the throttle body wearing out, there is a adjustment screw under a welch plug for the throttle body. you need to talk to alexcagle i know her is on arborist site he is the master of concrete saws that is all he works on

From here
https://opeforum.com/threads/ts500i.17/

so I’m saying try alexcage as well.

Andysuds

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi
Tried new fuel filter today and no difference,friend says it needs to be put on diagnostic machine Stihl MDG1 that will throw up fault codes,anyone any knowledge of MDG1.