Country flag

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DCSO officially said yesterday that 109 homes have been lost in Archie Creek, but I'm expecting that number to probably double before it's all over.

Hi feel sorry for you guys the fires here in Australia last year up the east coast thousands of homes we're lost and a lot of lives

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi feel sorry for you guys the fires here in Australia last year up the east coast thousands of homes we're lost and a lot of lives

I was reading about what happened down there a lot - they said millions of animals were killed. Between California, Oregon, and Washington this year - it's gonna be very ugly. I'll bet
more than 2,000 homes will be lost on the west coast and probably well over 100 lives. The recovery is going to be long and expensive and some areas may never recover.

It's pretty amazing but we already have a lumber shortage here for rebuilding, plus at least one sawmill here has been mostly lost with another heavily damaged. Just getting enough resources for recovery and rebuilding here is going to be a challenge.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Will the trees make him any money as lumber or what were they cut for? Are you logging the whole area, any burned areas?
I think he is going to have those trees milled by a portable sawmill. That’s what he thinks at the moment. He didn’t seem to be a huge fan of logging, so I’m not sure what is going to happen to the rest of the property. These trees all had some lean over the house site, and since we were there, he had us take them out. We opened his road up with a Cat, and took his chickens that survived to a new home. The only things this guy had left at the property were the chickens, a car, and a tractor that were in the middle of an irrigated field.
This was near the Rock Creek Fish Hatchery, which also burnt down.
Most private property will be salvage logged. And there is a lot of it.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he is going to have those trees milled by a portable sawmill. That’s what he thinks at the moment. He didn’t seem to be a huge fan of logging, so I’m not sure what is going to happen to the rest of the property. These trees all had some lean over the house site, and since we were there, he had us take them out. We opened his road up with a Cat, and took his chickens that survived to a new home. The only things this guy had left at the property were the chickens, a car, and a tractor that were in the middle of an irrigated field.
This was near the Rock Creek Fish Hatchery, which also burnt down.
Most private property will be salvage logged. And there is a lot of it.
Should’ve irrigated the woods