Trees you've cut

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It really depends on the felling head, the operator, overall height and weight of the tree, and of course slope and terrain. I’ve seen them cut some good sized trees, but their safe, productive limit would probably be not much more than the machines in your area.

You guys seeing many of the grapple saws down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 239413 View attachment 239414 View attachment 239415 View attachment 239416 Yeah, I took the saw home and cleaned it a bit. It got a bunch of pitch in the flywheel. It was just a slurry at one point coming out of the kerf. The saw didn’t want to restart very well after that tree. It got all over the ignition area, and I believe that is why it was hard starting. We’ll found out today.

You aint seen nothing in the way of dirt till you have spent a few days cutting mature noble fir in Ireland. Some of the wettest wood in the world.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You aint seen nothing in the way of dirt till you have spent a few days cutting mature noble fir in Ireland. Some of the wettest wood in the world.

We’ve got that fun stuff here at least it smells better then grand fir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was doing an odd job for an old freelance tree removal guy, he needed extra hands and I wasn't turning down cash work. We got to this one Birch with 4 main trunks growing off the base and this one in particular was close to the house. Now when I work with him I let him do all the falling because him and his company is insured I'm not. Long story short I was pulling a rope when he made this cut and it ended up sending that tree right into a gutter, ripping it off the house.IMG_20200401_141554.jpgI think the stump speaks for itself, I told him what happened and about angled back cuts after the fact, but looking back I'm amazed we didn't completely take out that roof.

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pro tree cutter? And he angles his back cut? Just thinking outloud here.
Far from pro but he has his own small business and insurance for himself but not for anyone that helps him on a cash basis. Im I young guy, and I am far from knowing everything but I like to think I know how to cover my ass

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pro tree cutter? And he angles his back cut? Just thinking outloud here.
I don't know if you saw but it's not just an angled back cut, the hinge wood is cut on one side and where it's thickest it was pulling straight towards the house. We got really lucky.

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Uneven isn’t always a bad thing depends on what you’re trying to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A little extra hinge on a side can help with directional falling for sure, the problem is this hinge pointed straight at the house we were trying to avoid lol