Country flag

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut through this piece of damn metal in a ash with the ported 562 today. Didn’t even feel or notice it cutting till I looked at the cut after. Looked at the chain and not really damaged at all. Saw still cut great. Must be aluminum? Probably softer than the ash itself lol. Strange...8E5108EE-47EE-4D0D-8DB4-40D725678DC4.png Could be worse... I’ve cut straight through a piece of angle iron and some clothesline wheels cutting firewood in the past.

Last edited:

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I cut through this piece of damn metal in a ash with the ported 562 today. Didn’t even feel or notice it cutting till I looked at the cut after. Looked at the chain and not really damaged at all. Saw still cut great. Must be aluminum? Probably softer than the ash itself lol. Strange...View attachment 237186 Could be worse... I’ve cut straight through a piece of angle iron and some clothesline wheels cutting firewood in the past.
Yea, aluminum will usually make you sharpen you chain, but does not mess it up like a nail, and pebbles are even worse!
Any metal sure sucks...we seem to find lots of old logging cable. But rocks are my worst enemy.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys should contract with a film crew! The beauty of your location and the nature of your work is better than anything that is on TV!

Have fun getting land owner permission, it’s hard enough to do a site visit sometimes depending on who it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 236495 View attachment 236496 View attachment 236497 @~WBF This is for you from Chase. (It’s a twig just so we’re all aware, lol.
Nice to see you guys got in to some decent wood. Where I'm from people jump ship for better food and better wood..lol..It's true. Fallers want to be in good wood. We are only loyal to ourselves and our partners, hopefully.

Funny Cat, there Chase ..good laugh.
Looked like you were smoking a beedee from India. They were wrarped in a leaf. People would say WTF you smoking...Carmel chit? I would say, maybe? Haha

Great stuff, young gents.

Last edited: