CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have a winner
Totally agree!! d.i.d's Stihl draw tool box made me & my handfull of wiha tools and a mityvac feel insucnificant and petty. Pantellis also looks like he has ordered every factory Stihl specialty tool in history!! My homemade clutch tools and other dodgy homemade tools kinda work but....And homelite410, he just makes people proud to be born in the USofA!!!

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Totally agree!! d.i.d's Stihl draw tool box made me & my handfull of wiha tools and a mityvac feel insucnificant and petty. Pantellis also looks like he has ordered every factory Stihl specialty tool in history!! My homemade clutch tools and other dodgy homemade tools kinda work but....And homelite410, he just makes people proud to be born in the USofA!!!

>. Pantellis also looks like he has ordered every factory Stihl specialty tool in history!!

oh, so you noticed, too? if not history, certainly in the catalog! :campeon:

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Mityvac is one of the best pumps out there
wiha is one of the best hand tools company
home made tools sometimes works better than the oems
My hat off to HOMELITE 410

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Oh man their some dang nice tools on here keep it coming.

I agree! real nice! I wont say I am ashamed of mine in comparison... 'cause I am not. :pesas: I jokingly tell friends heck - I got more tools than Lowes and... HD combined! lol... but I do have a couple of tools that I use. they have helped me take better care of my saws, and also the 044 work I am up to... going add my 2-cents to this thread, too...

cool thread!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
2:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is one of my shop-made tools that I use whenever it's time to install a new Stihl chain brake:

I used a 5/16" bolt about 4" long, cut off the head, and ground a flat on the end. Then I concave cupped the flat slightly and installed the threaded end into the hardwood handle. The big coil spring is now very easy to install back onto the post. I believe Stihl sells these, but it was rather simple for me to replicate in the shop.

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I
It wasn't till a few yrs ago that i had a lot of those tools. You can get along just fine with the wiha saw tool set and a mityvac and a few other simple tools. It has just gotten to be mainly a time issue and having the "right" tools for the job has saved a lot of time in most cases. A lot of the tools in the box haven't been used much. The main tools i use are on the peg board and then pressure/vac tester in the box. As stated sometimes homemade tools work better than oem. I also just have a thing for tools.