High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Tools for saw work

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Cus it works really good as long as you use a center punch and bump the seal a little just to loosen it up a tad. I have not used it on a Stihl yet.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
It work and in stihls also good

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just a few tools I use now and then,
from left: clutch tool, homemade flywheel puller Husky, homemade 242 seal tool, homemade 242 seal tool, oem 254/262 service tool
View attachment 9544
with this oem husqy tool you can also close and all stihls chainsaws from the flywheel side because the threads of the stihl flywheel are M8X1 mm and the one spindle of this tool have the same M8 X 1 mm inside

laslabjohn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This tool can be splitting the case from the flywheel side for about all chainsaws and some other machines that the stihl product, also can close the case of theese machines
For the bearings that you asked this tool push the shaft but sometimes the bearings come out with the shaft sometimes stay in the case.
the best method to pull out and push in bearings is heat the case with a hot air gun over of 150 celsius then the bearings fall down themselfs , never tap the bearing to put them into the case .
when you tap a cold bearing to push it into the case the bearing shaving the magnesium . its some tenths of milimeter biger but theese tenths are enough to make the bad thing
Thank You, the reason I ask is because a buddy of mine has one and he's not messing with saws anymore. He's gonna send it too me.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
20150504_093306_zpsjobaitha.jpg
My sorry but why you use this oven ? you need only heat to the place that the bearings must go in or go out , a heat gun do this job in one-two minutes
I have see many others that they use oven i cant understand for what reason what they do chainsaws with potatos or chainsaws chocolate cakes.
you want cold case but hot inner race bearing when you put the shaft into the bearings and when you try to close the case , this because if you have hot case you maybe loose the corect place than the bearing must be , the cold case keep the bearing in place and the hot inner bearing race help the shaft to go eaiest to the bearing.
The best way to heat the inner race and keep the other thinks cold is to use a soldering iron or a heat gun with small nose.
again my sorry

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My sorry but why you use this oven ? you need only heat to the place that the bearings must go in or go out , a heat gun do this job in one-two minutes
I have see many others that they use oven i cant understand for what reason what they do chainsaws with potatos or chainsaws chocolate cakes.
you want cold case but hot inner race bearing when you put the shaft into the bearings and when you try to close the case , this because if you have hot case you maybe loose the corect place than the bearing must be , the cold case keep the bearing in place and the hot inner bearing race help the shaft to go eaiest to the bearing.
The best way to heat the inner race and keep the other thinks cold is to use a soldering iron or a heat gun with small nose.
again my sorry

Loosen the case bolts, Put the whole case in, Set temp, wait 10 minutes, tap crank or alignment pins(if you forgot them)....poof...it's split. Put the halfsies back in and remove the bearings.
Plus it warms up pizza for your friends....

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Loosen the case bolts, Put the whole case in, Set temp, wait 10 minutes, tap crank or alignment pins(if you forgot them)....poof...it's split. Put the halfsies back in and remove the bearings.
Plus it warms up pizza for your friends....
A if its the pizza in the game its another thing

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
with this oem husqy tool you can also close and all stihls chainsaws from the flywheel side because the threads of the stihl flywheel are M8X1 mm and the one spindle of this tool have the same M8 X 1 mm inside
that is correct, as long the threads are the same it can be used on other saw models.
This 254/257/262 set can for example be used on 357/359, both sides.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thank you randy for posting here i was in search of this just now lol

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike, don't let me forget about this.

If y'all think we need a tool section......
OK Randy I have a few more I want to post in the next day or so. Thank,s to every body that. Has posted on this thread. And Thank you Randy appreciate it. Mike

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk