High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

This guy couldn't feed his family? This was a first...

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
speaking of which I really like the foam insert that looks like it will come in the new Hyway 461 cylinders mastermind was pimpin in the thread, probably keeps the piston motionless during shipping.

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's whats going in all their cylinders now. They were using a piece of clear tubing rolled up. So many people would call back and ask where does it go on their saw. I'm liking the foam a lot better.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"...the box I received says made in Taiwan..... PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ASAP, I NEED MY SAW FIXED SO I CAN FEED MY FAMILY."

I was selling a rebuilt MS-460 on ebay a couple years (it was the last saw I sold there) and I got a message from a guy wanting me to send it to him for no money up front so he could work to feed his family, and then he would get me payment in six months. My reply was "if you're cutting professionally, you need to buy new equipment." (Having been a cutting contractor for several years myself I had learned that lesson on new vs. used).

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My friend sold to someone who installed it with the cir-clips bag still tucked up in the piston.
Of course he wanted a refund.
LOL reminds me of a customer I had when I worked in an auto parts store. He came in asking for a battery so I showed him the 65 group options recommended for his car. He decided they were too expensive and bought the cheaper 51. I told the feller it was the wrong battery and we wouldn't be able to install or warranty it. The guy come back in about 10 minutes later and slammed the battery down yelling about how our stupid battery jacked up his hood. Turns out the extra inch or so in height the smaller battery was able to short out on the guys hood. Guy got all red in the face yelling about a refund and we are gonna pay for his hood to be replaced. Good thing the boss overheard me telling the guy it was the wrong battery. His poor wife looked so uncomfortable. Some people huh?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sold an MS360 rebuild kit with all the plastics and consumables and pretty much everything except the crankcase and crank, guy returned it because it didn't fit an 038 even though it looked like it would fit in the picture :)

Sold a Stihl brake Spring tool to a Volkwagon dealer service department that uses it to pull stubborn dust caps from the wheel covers on cars :)

A guy bought an aftermarket top handle for a pro stihl and asked if he could return it for partial refund because even though he bent it to try to make it fit a different model saw than it was built for he thought he had gotten it bent back pretty close to where it was when he received it :) he wasn't mad when I declined and left positive feedback anyway :)

People ask me about once every two weeks if some random part will fit some completely unrelated saw like a carburetor for an 026 to be used on an 088 or a Mac 10-10 :)

Also people will ask if an MS260 piston will fit an MS261 even though they can see both OEM pistons and can see they look nothing alike and are drastically different prices.

Also requests for obscure carburetor kits and sage advise on which of the 6 or 8 models of aftermarket sprockets I have for Stihl models will fit their grandfather's old saw in the garage that is either green or yellow and pretty big (actual request).

Most days it just makes me laugh.
Dave

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
had a ahem Stihl dealer order a Three Meteor MS660 cylinders and then later a Meteor Husky 372 cylinder and then he called to say it didn't fit, turns out it was a 372 X-torq saw and neither of us had ever heard of them :)

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is my only gripe so far with aftermarket stuff.....
59893188d45963491dfb87cd2d041c01.jpg
f995abd67787cf9922c8cc7fb3f218fb.jpg
why do you sell a "kit" with 2 of the same seal on a saw that takes 2 different seals?

47da9580d3e08a6f62408836aaacbfb9.jpg
and in the "kit" why in the world can't you include the oil pump O-ring?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is my only gripe so far with aftermarket stuff.....why do you sell a "kit" with 2 of the same seal on a saw that takes 2 different seals?

and in the "kit" why in the world can't you include the oil pump O-ring?

All the 281s/288s I've worked on take the same seal on both sides...it goes in the crankcase on the flywheel side and in the oil pump body on the PTO side...there's no large O-ring on the 288s I've pulled apart, but there is a small one. That one however is made of a different style of rubber.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Used to sell a lot on ebay some years ago but they messed it up with the changes .
Been several years since I sold on there and I rarely buy now either because the shipping dictated by ebay is stupid high .

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
spent 1 1/2 hours feverishly typing message replies to Ebay and email messages about chainsaws, had 5 from one guy wanting to know if I had the items he ordered :camper:, had 17 emails and messages from Zama about an order :laser-kill:
and at least 5 guys bugging me for an invoice for stuff (oops I suck)
also just got a message from somebody who ordered a piston stop in NOVEMBER and is just letting me know it never arrived - that is one patient dude, I am pretty sure at his point it isn't still going to show up :)
If any of you guys need anything special let me know ASAP, I am getting surgery Friday and will be super slow for at least 10 days.
Dave

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tis but a flesh wound

getting my shoulder scoped and carpal tunnel release in my wrist and elbow, so no biggie but I am right handed so I will be slower than normal for awhile