High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Think the saws being released now will be the last ever???

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can answer that, Power to weight... similar power output to a 661 (6.7hp vs 7.1)in a 2.5 pound lighter saw that revs quicker...

So you think a 500 can replace a 661 ?

I bet you if stihl made an m-tronic 80cc saw it would weigh very similar to and also perform just like a fuel injected saw.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I bet you if stihl made an m-tronic 80cc saw it would weigh very similar to and also perform just like a fuel injected saw.
What's better about the m-tronic over what the 500i has? They both use the same diagnostic software.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Currently the closest comparison is a 462, same exact weight, but .8hp less, and 10cc less... think the factory could get almost a full HP out of 10cc?

I think if they worked on port shapes a bit more, a 500i could produce every bit as much power as a 661, in a smaller lighter package... having done a few top ends on 500s, the stock castings leave a bit to be desired... not sure why they cant streamline the port shapes more from the factory...

jurchybald

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't like how every c-m saw has this L jet starvation. Especially ported. That's better on 500i. Plus insane throttle respond

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Currently the closest comparison is a 462, same exact weight, but .8hp less, and 10cc less... think the factory could get almost a full HP out of 10cc?

I think if they worked on port shapes a bit more, a 500i could produce every bit as much power as a 661, in a smaller lighter package... having done a few top ends on 500s, the stock castings leave a bit to be desired... not sure why they cant streamline the port shapes more from the factory...

A 500 doesn't have the clutch and chassis that a 661 does, it won't take a 36" bar like a 90cc saw does no matter how much power it has.

A 462 is lighter than a 500, but those aren't the things I really care about.

If a 500 was offered in both m tronic and fuel injection what would make one better than the other for real world use?, I use them both all the time with 24-28" bars and there's no discernable difference in power. With mtronic I can reset it anywhere at any time and a 30 dollar solenoid cures most problems with m-tronic.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't like how every c-m saw has this L jet starvation. Especially ported. That's better on 500i. Plus insane throttle respond

I've only had 1 ms 261 do that and drilling the jet took care of that. I run them all day for 10 months of the year. They are for the most part trouble free.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 500 doesn't have the clutch and chassis that a 661 does, it won't take a 36" bar like a 90cc saw does no matter how much power it has.

A 462 is lighter than a 500, but those aren't the things I really care about.

If a 500 was offered in both m tronic and fuel injection what would make one better than the other for real world use?, I use them both all the time with 24-28" bars and there's no discernable difference in power. With mtronic I can reset it anywhere at any time and a 30 dollar solenoid cures most problems with m-tronic.
Stihl begs to differ on the bar length, as they offer it with a 36, and i have seen several guys run 42+ with no problems....

Also, according to stihls website both a 500 and a 462 are half a pound different... not sure about you but i wont notice that difference one bit...

Attachments

• 17057726320057117788205366061184.jpg
    17057726320057117788205366061184.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl begs to differ on the bar length, as they offer it with a 36, and i have seen several guys run 42+ with no problems....

Also, according to stihls website both a 500 and a 462 are half a pound different... not sure about you but i wont notice that difference one bit...

I don't notice it either..one bit, but I didn’t claim they were the same weight..they aren't.

Stihl can beg all they want.

Put a regular weight 36" bar or a 42" on a 500 and a 661 and that'll explain itself real fast. I've already tried and done these things 100x over.

Run it and sustain it are 2 different things.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Listen to what these WEF people are saying at Davos right now. They aren't concerned one bit about whether battery technology is advanced enough or not to equal what an internal combustion provides. Seems they just want us buying into the climate change, green energy scam just long enough for them to achieve something. Keep in mind, these are also the people that just flew over a 1,000 private jets to attend this meeting, cruise private mega yachts all over and own multiple mansions but lecture you about how you need to stop using outdoor power equipment, gas stoves, woodburners, eating meat and buy a useless $60k adult power wheel that cant handle basic transportation tasks without living at a charging station let alone function reliably during the winter season. Don't forget the eating the bugs thing either. They practice nothing they preach. Think about that for a minute

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Listen to what these WEF people are saying at Davos right now. They aren't concerned one bit about whether battery technology is advanced enough or not to equal what an internal combustion provides. Seems they just want us buying into the climate change, green energy scam just long enough for them to achieve something. Keep in mind, these are also the people that just flew over a 1,000 private jets to attend this meeting, cruise private mega yachts all over and own multiple mansions but lecture you about how you need to stop using outdoor power equipment, gas stoves, woodburners, eating meat and buy a useless $60k adult power wheel that cant handle basic transportation tasks without living at a charging station let alone function reliably during the winter season. Don't forget the eating the bugs thing either. They practice nothing they preach. Think about that for a minute
You got it.

Climate alarmists buy an awful lot of ocean front property for supposedly being terrified of rising sea levels..

I'll take those people seriously when they practice 1/1000th of what they preach.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't notice it either..one bit, but I didn’t claim they were the same weight..they aren't.

Stihl can beg all they want.

Put a regular weight 36" bar or a 42" on a 500 and a 661 and that'll explain itself real fast. I've already tried and done these things 100x over.

Run it and sustain it are 2 different things.
I appologise for saying they were the same weight, i thought when i was looking at specs this morning that they were the same,🤣guess i really do need to schedule that eye appointment

I know a lot of the west coast guys are beating on the 500i pretty hard, and seemingly it is taking it, however, if i have $1600 burning a hole in my pocket for a new saw (that will never happen) it will be going towards a 661 or larger.... not that i need another 661 🤣🤣🤣 pretty sure my next saw purchase will be a farmertec 200t box o parts, if they come back in stock and or go on sale....

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got it.

Climate alarmists buy an awful lot of ocean front property for supposedly being terrified of rising sea levels..

I'll take those people seriously when they practice 1/1000th of what they preach.
You mean those folks that all show up in private jets (producing millions of pounds of geeenhouse gasses) to their meetings to say WE cant drive our gas engine car or use our gas chainsaws, because it hurts the environment? Those guys?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appologise for saying they were the same weight, i thought when i was looking at specs this morning that they were the same,🤣guess i really do need to schedule that eye appointment

I know a lot of the west coast guys are beating on the 500i pretty hard, and seemingly it is taking it, however, if i have $1600 burning a hole in my pocket for a new saw (that will never happen) it will be going towards a 661 or larger.... not that i need another 661 🤣🤣🤣 pretty sure my next saw purchase will be a farmertec 200t box o parts, if they come back in stock and or go on sale....

Our 500 hasn't been a problem for 3 years now other than it started to not idle that great this winter but I changed the filters and plug and now it seems fine, I have no problem with them in that dept. I asked a guy from VA that works at stihl if we're gonna see the pro saws all move to fuel injection, he said they've kicked it around but one of the limitations is price..how true that is I really don't know, he basically alluded that it will raise the price of the saws substantially.

I think 16-17 hundred dollars for an 80cc saw is retarded.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean those folks that all show up in private jets (producing millions of pounds of geeenhouse gasses) to their meetings to say WE cant drive our gas engine car or use our gas chainsaws, because it hurts the environment? Those guys?

I hate those people to my core.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What REALLY gets my Goat us when the inlaws an a sister try to preach this. I ask where their EV is. They once asked me where mine is., Told them it's out back in the POS bone yard.. been there many years. It is an Electric Pettibone forklift that went under water in the floods of '93