STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I looked at the IPL for the oil pump. My saw has the small, non-adjustable oil pump. The only parts I am seeing on that page are the pump, worm gear, and hose. Don't see any washers or spacers in there. The worm gear seems to have just a somewhat loose slip fit over the crankshaft. Is that normal?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aah, so the brass collar may be part number 18. So, that is supposed to sandwich between the carb body and the intake hose? When I put the carb on last night nothing appeared to be missing but that wouldn't be the first time I left something out.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, with the Stihl intake there is almost always metal both inside (the collar) and outside the intake boot (the metal that goes over the studs) where the carb meets it. Forces the rubber to seal against the carb.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See. No extra parts. Lol
Post a video of the 024 once you get it dialed in please. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Simondo, you rock! Is there any way you could send me the complete IPL for the 024 AV Wood Boss? I have the 026 IPL, it is close but different in some areas. For example, it doesn't show the carb or air filter that my saw uses.
Try this...save as a bookmark. www.motoculture-jean.fr/upload/pdf/024.pdf
Ray may have a dealer one or have a look in the Stihl manual section of the forum .
If that ring is what i think it is then its the carb boot internal support. Early 024 saws used a Tillotson carb in UK amongst others (i have one for ref if you want more detail) , remember USA carb choice can be different.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That exploded view is mis leading. Don't put the collar (part #18) on till you push the intake boot through the housing, it won't fit other wise. The rubber boot gets locked between the plastic housing and the metal collar.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good catch Mike

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. What Mike was saying is the flat rubber end of that intake boot has to be pulled through the hole toward the carburetor, then the bushing goes inside the hole and the carb mounts to the flat rubber.
If you wrap a piece of string around the flat rubber end of the boot, it will make pulling that through the small hole much easier. Loop the string around the flap and through the hole, then gently pull the string through guiding the flap around so it fits flat and flush. [emoji106]

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. The saw is already back together minus the brass collar, so I should just be able to remove the air filter and carb, put the collar between the boot and housing, and then back together.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try this...save as a bookmark. www.motoculture-jean.fr/upload/pdf/024.pdf
Ray may have a dealer one or have a look in the Stihl manual section of the forum .
If that ring is what i think it is then its the carb boot internal support. Early 024 saws used a Tilitson carb in UK amongst others (i have one for ref if you want more detail) , remember USA carb choice can be different.

That worked perfectly, thanks!

Too bad I couldn't just print it right off the Stihl website... like I can for Echo and Dolmar.:rolleyes:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. The saw is already back together minus the brass collar, so I should just be able to remove the air filter and carb, put the collar between the boot and housing, and then back together.
yup...

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That worked perfectly, thanks!

Too bad I couldn't just print it right off the Stihl website... like I can for Echo and Dolmar.:rolleyes:
The progression of your saw .....
Photo0458.jpg

..into the last incarnation before it tuned into the 241.

Photo1179.jpg
The covers , pull start, handle , tank vent, carbs and air filter , oil/fuel caps /tank , that top AV fixing you had a pic of , and more are not the same so you need to watch out on the part numbers.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simondo, you rock! Is there any way you could send me the complete IPL for the 024 AV Wood Boss? I have the 026 IPL, it is close but different in some areas. For example, it doesn't show the carb or air filter that my saw uses.

Sent FergusonTO35 a couple ipls one from 1987 and another from 2004.