Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This MS462C sounds pretty snappy:cool:
If this saw is factory stock Stihl has a winner here.
72.2cc. 13.261 lbs
I just figured this video's German title out.
It says "new ms462 first cut in cookies ".
So after looking at the saw at the start of the video again, I can see there's not a mark or one bit of sawdust on the saw.
Imagine how she'll perform after running a few tanks through it... lol.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Pogo.

Mike, it does make sense that the old tech Walmart Poulan would be thirstier than the current model Echo. BTW, what year is your 'Stang? Done any mods to it?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then it depends .I have a Mac 650 gear drive that has nearly an open exhaust .It blows black smoke at idle and loads up .However about 3 seconds into wood it all turns to power .You can lean on it and it never misses a beat .

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2006 GT (but it is my 10th Stang, had em from 65 on up).

The big mod is the Whipple Twin Screw SC (approx 550 Hp) and the Eagle Steel Crank, Rods and forged pistons (brings it to 4.9 Ltr from 4.6).

Suspension, Shifter, Wheels, Tires, Clutch, Breaks, basically everything is better than it was! It is like driving a slot car in 1st & 2nd, but she usually hooks well in 3rd + up. But even in 4th, if you forget to turn off traction control, you will not get full power, so there must be some tire slip, just doesn't require all the counter steering.

She runs very strong, and handles very well, but does not like poor quality road pavement.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, very nice. I love Mustangs, my first car was an '87 four banger. Will own another one someday.

Ordered the oil pump tube (part 1121 640 9400) for my 024 from my local Rural King which is a Stihl dealer. It was supposed to be there today so I stopped by after work. Turns out the small engine guy is only there from 9-4 monday through friday and nobody knows anything about the parts other than him. I work from 8-4:30 three counties away and I am not taking two hours off work for one little part. I'll have to call and see if he would be willing mail it to my house. If not, I'm going to have to go to a different dealer near where I work.

This is the main reason I shy away from Stihl. My time not at work has enough demands on it already without having to take a drive to the dealer to pick up something I ordered. With Echo, I can go to Fleabay, Ereplacementparts, or thousands of other websites and order what I need in a few minutes and it's in my mailbox a few days later.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, very nice. I love Mustangs, my first car was an '87 four banger. Will own another one someday.

Ordered the oil pump tube (part 1121 640 9400) for my 024 from my local Rural King which is a Stihl dealer. It was supposed to be there today so I stopped by after work. Turns out the small engine guy is only there from 9-4 monday through friday and nobody knows anything about the parts other than him. I work from 8-4:30 three counties away and I am not taking two hours off work for one little part. I'll have to call and see if he would be willing mail it to my house. If not, I'm going to have to go to a different dealer near where I work.

This is the main reason I shy away from Stihl. My time not at work has enough demands on it already without having to take a drive to the dealer to pick up something I ordered. With Echo, I can go to Fleabay, Ereplacementparts, or thousands of other websites and order what I need in a few minutes and it's in my mailbox a few days later.

Have you tried ordering from Dave?

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I rebuilt a couple o24/026's and didn't know they even sold the lines as a part. I just used the bulk 1000mm long by 2 or 3mm Stihl black line. Took the spring out of old line and put in new piece and installed on pump been using them 2 years now. Also reused the brass tube in the end.

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried ordering from Dave?

Dave who? I'm a newbie here so I don't know everybody's first name yet.

Called Rural King and spoke to the asst. manager over the power equipment section. He confirmed it was ordered and should be there on Tuesday, and it would be at the counter with my name on it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True Dat Heaf. [emoji106] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, thanks. I will be happy to hit him up for parts.

If you run the eBay App,
He looks like this:
43307473117d5ef78550e5e3cdb56954.png

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, will give him a holler.

Rural King called today and said the part was there, I guess the first guy did order it. Picked it up after work and it turns out this one is made of a pliable neoprene type of material like a fuel hose. So, should I bother trying to shape it with heat? It seems to me that the heat from the engine would shape it correctly as long as the hose is routed correctly.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The heat wasn't to shape it per se, but rather to soften up each end for fitting over the pump barb and for the insert at the bar location. The kit typically has a fairly stiff piece of tubing.

Just route the hose if it's flexible enough to fit over the barb on the pump and will accept the brass insert at the delivery end. Should still have a spring to keep it from kinking at the bend before the pump barb.

Out of curiosity, what is the part number of what you received from Rural King? 1121-640-9400 is the part number I show.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, that is the part number I received, hopefully I can get the 024 going soon. I see Dave has some replacement carbs for the Walbro used on these for $14.00 shipped, he hints that they are unbranded but made by Zama. I have the carb kit but we all know the woes of trying resurrect a 20+ year old carb that hasn't seen fresh fuel in forever. Would I be wise to try one of these carbs instead?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never tried one for a 034, but have had good luck with the AM carbs for 044/440s.