STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which carburetor do you have? That is importand to know.

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As @DND 9000 said, theres 2 different kits, wether you have the 1145/22 carb, or the 1145/27 or the zama c1q-s274c, which shares the same kit as the 1145/27.

Difference in kits is what metering diaphragm is in it...

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got a mtronic 261 injector changed, reset many times ,, runs like a scalded dog until you try to restart it hot, just a pig till it cools after tons of reading guess its time for coil,/control unit

Greg Newman

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As @DND 9000 said, theres 2 different kits, wether you have the 1145/22 carb, or the 1145/27 or the zama c1q-s274c, which shares the same kit as the 1145/27.

Difference in kits is what metering diaphragm is in it...
Which carburetor do you have? That is importand to know.

I will have to pull it and report back. M-tronic is as much as I know for now.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, decision time came today...i ended up getting it for $24 on sale... gotta love aliexpress... this will be mtronic saw #3 (4 if you count the 201t that i did a stock build on for my coworker... he hasnt taken delivery yet, as hes recovering from bicep reattachment surgery...LOL gonna be a little while before he can pull that over) in the stable... sometimes its nice to just let the saw do its thing... like the other night when i ran my 044 and my 661, stupid me forgot a carb screwdriver for the 044... didnt run it hardly at all, because it was rich for the air density...4 stroked about 10k...and had no way to adjust it...

So anyways, gonna have a 362 rebuild here in the next month...LOL

View attachment 421604

Your a certified Stihl tech and work at a dealer but are using 26$ china rebuilds on your own saws?

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your a certified Stihl tech and work at a dealer but are using 26$ china rebuilds on your own saws?
Yep.... call it research, call it being cheap, call it being poor.... even with a cylinder kit at dealer cost, its still over $200... and i ended up not using the cylinder anyways, as the casting was absolute garbage...which i kinda expected...piston was perfectly fine and appears to be of decent quality, have a tank thru it already on the piston and honed oem jug...

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep.... call it research, call it being cheap, call it being poor.... even with a cylinder kit at dealer cost, its still over $200... and i ended up not using the cylinder anyways, as the casting was absolute garbage...which i kinda expected...piston was perfectly fine and appears to be of decent quality, have a tank thru it already on the piston and honed oem jug...
To me well worth a caber piston or oem piston/cylinder because it’s hard to sell a saw with cheap mechanical parts if you tell the buyer what was used and not just rebuilt. You’d be surprised how many people are selling a rebuilt saw up here for 5-700$ but won’t tell you what they used for parts to build it.

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me well worth a caber piston or oem piston/cylinder because it’s hard to sell a saw with cheap mechanical parts if you tell the buyer what was used and not just rebuilt. You’d be surprised how many people are selling a rebuilt saw up here for 5-700$ but won’t tell you what they used for parts to build it.
I dont sell saws....LOL i have Chainsaw Aquisition Disorder.... currently at about 12 saws, (7 stihl, 1 poulan 1800, 1 maccullough mac 1-10, and three cheapies) and live in a 2nd floor apartment and dont own any land...LOL

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont sell saws....LOL i have Chainsaw Aquisition Disorder.... currently at about 12 saws, (7 stihl, 1 poulan 1800, 1 maccullough mac 1-10, and three cheapies) and live in a 2nd floor apartment and dont own any land...LOL

Oh I totally get it!

bogieboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you need to get some trees growing on the roof. That'd reduce carbon emissions and other "environmental" problems in the town or city...
LOL! I did run my ms362 as well as my 044 tonight... i di side work for a local tree service... he had a few saws go down and we got hit hard with nasty weather yesterday and today.... so after fixing his stuff i ran some of mine as well...

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I attended Timbersports in Milwaukee last year but have no desire to go to that city this year. If attending bring hearing protection for the hot saw competition! Louder than any stock car race I‘ve been to.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a bunch of 029-039 saws and parts that I’m going to start building a selling for firewood guys. Have one 039 that got run over and has about 1/2 the fins missing on the top of jug only the rest looks good. What’s everyone’s opinion on if it will run too hot or not missing just the portion of fins on top but has all the rest. Do I dare build a saw out of it and sell it to a guy to use after I let him know the fins are missing? Would never sell it without letting buyer know but I would think it would cool fine personally. Rest of the cylinder is nice that’s why I thought about using it. I’ll send some pictures this afternoon.

david Fox

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all, I don't have a ton of saw experience, so here are a couple of newb questions.
I bought a couple of HT135 pole saws (mostly because the fixed-length saws were unavailable), and only now am I realizing that they use
Rollomatic E Mini guide bars (that are unavailable) and 3/8" STIHL PICCO™ Micro™ Mini 61 PMM3 chain. I haven't received the saws, yet, but is there any chance this head can use some other brand of bar, and maybe a 0.050 gauge so more common chain can be run? Thanks!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all, I don't have a ton of saw experience, so here are a couple of newb questions.
I bought a couple of HT135 pole saws (mostly because the fixed-length saws were unavailable), and only now am I realizing that they use
Rollomatic E Mini guide bars (that are unavailable) and 3/8" STIHL PICCO™ Micro™ Mini 61 PMM3 chain. I haven't received the saws, yet, but is there any chance this head can use some other brand of bar, and maybe a 0.050 gauge so more common chain can be run? Thanks!

It’s still going to use the rollomatic 3005 mount bar like the small saws ect so find it hard to believe you can’t get bars and the chains will also be the same 1/4” pitch or 3/8 picco not familiar with what chain that one comes with. I’m sure if you switch to .050 3/8” picco it will run it but will probably cut slower than the .043. If it’s 1/4 pitch on it than more than likely it’s .043 which is more common than .050 1/4” pitch like the old Stihl 020 av and avp ran in the 70’s.

david Fox

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s still going to use the rollomatic 3005 mount bar like the small saws ect so find it hard to believe you can’t get bars and the chains will also be the same 1/4” pitch or 3/8 picco not familiar with what chain that one comes with. I’m sure if you switch to .050 3/8” picco it will run it but will probably cut slower than the .043. If it’s 1/4 pitch on it than more than likely it’s .043 which is more common than .050 1/4” pitch like the old Stihl 020 av and avp ran in the 70’s.
Thanks for responding. I assume it comes with a rollomatic bar and a 3/8 picco. Anyone have a link to a crosswalk, or whatever they might call it, for using some other brand of bar that's cheaper and more easily purchased?