STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet, now to find the proper lanyard for it. Make a cool necklace for your S.O.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Stihl one is probably a "Air Tag" & Stihl is following your every move.
They may follow and observe me, but they will never see me spend my hard earned cash on their ridiculously overpriced OPE.

They do have some good consumables.
I really like their orange chain storage boxes.
Their carbide tipped Duro3 chains are fine too, their regular chains not so much (if You mostly file Your chains like I do).
I used to like and prefer their round files, but they went down the drain.

The way I see it, Stihl is doing everything they can to make me dislike their products.
FFS, they even suspended making calendars with DRESSED women portraying their products! :confused:

Stihl is good, no doubt.
But they aren't the best, period. ;)

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
imho, What makes the Stihl better is the handle is attached to the USB device, so, it is harder to lose.

> they even suspended making calendars with DRESSED women portraying their products!

Maybe they got sick of people writing to them asking why they have calendars of men dressed as women?

As an example:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/stihl-2015-calender-arborist-tree-1772701074

The one holding the string trimmer, this is a biological male with an Adonis belt (male only), biological females have elbows in line with their belly button, AND shoulders wider then the hips = 100% male. If a calendar is done by anyone, as this one is, associated with Victoria Secret (Wes and Jeff Epstein) you can guarantee it is filled with transvestites. Now that Northern Tools bought Sportsman Guide, they have started to replace the biological women in their catalogs by guys in women's clothes. Just the way it is once a company or CEO starts to reach $5-10 million is sales, they are made an offer they can not refuse.

imho, It is best to just toss the idol calendars in the trash where they belong.

kurtz

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ecc47f573aed15fd803301b1a6b0d257.jpg

This little guy got a mini 500i today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockiesRider

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
imho, What makes the Stihl better is the handle is attached to the USB device, so, it is harder to lose.

> they even suspended making calendars with DRESSED women portraying their products!

Maybe they got sick of people writing to them asking why they have calendars of men dressed as women?

As an example:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/stihl-2015-calender-arborist-tree-1772701074

The one holding the string trimmer, this is a biological male with an Adonis belt (male only), biological females have elbows in line with their belly button, AND shoulders wider then the hips = 100% male. If a calendar is done by anyone, as this one is, associated with Victoria Secret (Wes and Jeff Epstein) you can guarantee it is filled with transvestites. Now that Northern Tools bought Sportsman Guide, they have started to replace the biological women in their catalogs by guys in women's clothes. Just the way it is once a company or CEO starts to reach $5-10 million is sales, they are made an offer they can not refuse.

imho, It is best to just toss the idol calendars in the trash where they belong.
None of those "gals" (I use the term loosely) have a woman's figure. Those twigs belong in the slash pile you ask me

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K thanks should it not have the small circular holes in the cover like some of the early saws ? Trade for factory 288 with”H” husky stamped support. I have a 064 muffler cover if someone needs for a collector or resto free + shipping. The muffler num is 1122/06 if you could verify. It should go on a nice sawimage.jpg
Gone enjoy

Last edited:

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started to complete my 08 so I bought a starter first ;-) because the complete one, although quite nice, a bit too expensive for me :) a newer version with a brake, although the plastic is broken off

Attachments

• 20220725_133138.jpg
    20220725_133138.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220724_090313.jpg
    20220724_090313.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 14