STIHL The Official Stihl Chainsaws Thread

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure you have enough love for that cylinder, looks like the plating is gone below the port

I hope not. It didn’t start that way.
I saw that too and i think it’s thinned. I was working that area a lot because that’s where the biggest transfer was.
If that is the case, I’ll need to consider the options.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whew! That saw has had some heavy use.
Ridden HOD and put away dirty...lol

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. It would depend on how much piston skirt there is. Beveling would be the way to go vs. trying to modify the port itself.

On the other hand, I've seen worse plating wear on good running saws and not gotten too nervous about it..., especially if it was just blended wear as seems to be the case in that cylinder.

Plating that is chipping or flaking is a whole different scenario and I'd be much less inclined to run a cylinder with such conditions unless it was infrequently and only for short periods of time.

Plating wear and plating failure (chipping and flaking) are two different things.

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have a 362 c-m service manual version 2?
Have a basket case I am putting back together and would like a pic of wiring harness routing !

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife had Stihl training last week and what Stihl said there is we can’t get a 500 i yet because they can’t make them fast enough so sounds like mid summer

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They can produce as many 500i's a week as they want to. I'd guess it's either a supply chain or performance related issue..., or maybe just simple marketing economics in the U.S. where their battery powered stuff is being pushed quite heavily.