DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone. I picked up a lil saw yesterday that I thought was a poulan 20D, or the craftsman equivalent, but the color leads me and others to think it is actually a Dolmar Hobby 100.

I just posted an answer in the Poulan thread.

BTW. Serial No of my Dolmar hobby 100 is 2038 7061
I assume they are all taken out of one single run of numbers
regardless which branding the saw had received.

Last edited:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More on my 344's progress:

Since I will keep the saw for a while I upgraded the oil-pump with an adjustable one. Theses pumps have been built into all of the 021/028 saws for a short period and later were only found in the PS-410 and PS-411. Thus they are somewhat rare but the non-adjustables do pump too much oil IMHO.
Once again the photo shows how well preserved the body of the saw is:

ps344_adjustable_oilpump.jpg

Once saw was ready it wasn't finished yet. It did start with choke switch in half throttle position but would die off immediately when I pulled the trigger.
I had rebuild the carb with a DG-5HU set but I know it requires a DG-6HU. And I have noticed the pin ob the present metering diaphragm was longer as the DG-5HU one.
But then I have had built up the carb for my first PS-344 with a non DG-6HU set and it worked. So I gave it a try and it failed.
I the replaced the carb withe the one of my first PS-344 and voila: The saw runs like a charm.
I the meantime I have ordered 2 DG-6HU sets at a supplier in Moscow because non of my german supplies has them and of course they are NLA with Dolmar.
Tillotson.ie still does have the repair-kit but they charge flat rate shipping 64 EUR from Ireland to germany that would be OK if I could jaust add some other frequently needed carb-sets but they'r online-shop really sucks because it's virtually impossible to find anything.

ps344-rightside.jpg

ps344-leftside.jpg

After having taken these pics I did adjust the carb and had the saw cut a couple of dishes from the dry oak it sits on in the pics. Had changed b&c to the one I use on my PS-390, 35cm with Stihl Picco-Super chain. Originally I had in mind to compare both saws on the same piece of lumber and with the same b&c. But it started to rain after I was thru with the PS-344 so no comparision took place.
The PS-344 however runs very smooth and performs quite well: It never went below 8000 rpm when cutting (still had the tach installed) and dry oak does challenge a little saw like this one!

Last edited:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These days I happened to buy a lot of vinatage SACHS-DOLMAR consumer spare parts on ebay.
Box arrived a few das ago and in it were all mint blisters with several items like 108 air filter,
101 hobby clutch-drum, 101 starter handles + ropes, chain gauges with pre SACHS-DOLMAR
signature embossed in them and a couple of other nice parts. As said, all in original blisters
with not only the parts but the packaging mint or next to mint.

Very pleasant bought, it would seem. Think I'll gonna keep most of the stuff as eye-candy for my collection and sell
some the items that were three- or fourfold.

spare-parts-1.jpg

spare-parts-2.jpg

Last edited:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgot to mention in yesterday's PS-344 post: The saw currently still cares the serial number sticker
of the PS-341 I cannibalized the tank from.
A replacement sticker is already prepared, I'm collecting more items to fill a sheet of adhesive foil.
The replacement sticker will of course carry the correct bar code matching the original serial number
of the PS-344. Here's a screenshot of it:

typschild-ps-344-2.png

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These days I happened to buy a lot of vinatage SACHS-DOLMAR consumer spare parts on ebay.
Box arrived a few das ago and in it were all mint blisters with several items like 108 air filter,
101 hobby clutch-drum, 101 starter handles + ropes, chain gauges with pre SACHS-DOLMAR
signature embossed in them and a couple of other nice parts. As said, all in original blisters
with not only the parts but the packaging mint or next to mint.

Very pleasant bought, it would seem. Think I'll gonna keep most of the stuff as eye-candy for my collection and sell
some the items that were three- or fourfold.

View attachment 221897

View attachment 221898
That looks like a nice haul! :)

Any 103/105/108 cylinder base gasket in those boxes?
105 air filter? o_O

I'd have to check the condition of mine, but a new 108 air filter would be nice.

Habada
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a nice haul! :)

Any 103/105/108 cylinder base gasket in those boxes?
105 air filter? o_O

I'd have to check the condition of mine, but a new 108 air filter would be nice.
How many 105/108 cylinder base gaskets do you need?
5b55636d1439a04dd97a44aaaa868e66.jpg
80b3495c25a8677bbb94d822e46aec0f.jpg

Teemore

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
More on my 344's progress:

Tillotson.ie still does have the repair-kit but they charge flat rate shipping 64 EUR from Ireland to germany that would be OK if I could jaust add some other frequently needed carb-sets but they'r online-shop really sucks because it's virtually impossible to find anything.
I found it better to phone them with orders - I discovered they had stuff in stock that was not showing on the website. I have the benefit of more-or-less speaking the same language and carriage to me in Northern Ireland is quite a bit less. Something tells me that postage to Germany with Royal Mail would be a bit less than 64Euros

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many 105/108 cylinder base gaskets do you need?
5b55636d1439a04dd97a44aaaa868e66.jpg
80b3495c25a8677bbb94d822e46aec0f.jpg

Holy cow! :eek:

If You'd be willing to let go of some parts I would like a few cylinder base gaskets, possibly a piston kit or two.
Do You have any spare rubber AV mounts and a 105 air filter?
I have already canibalized parts off two carcasses/parts saws.

We can take this to PM if You are willing to pass on any parts.

I have little to trade, I can get You Dolmar and Makita parts from Germany, I have cash (PayPal).

My dad's Sachs-Dolmar 105 was my first and till 2006. only gasoline powered chainsaw, I have a nostalgic sweetspot for her.
My dad's 105 is awaiting parts and assembly in a bucket.
A minty 105 I purchased is acting up, she sounds off but won't stay running.
I also have a 108 that starts hard and won't run right till she gets hot.
Basically I have to go through all three of them but am reluctant to do so due to poor parts supply.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something tells me that postage to Germany with Royal Mail would be a bit less than 64Euros
That's definitely right, but the ca. 64 EUR is the amount Tillotson
demands as flat rate shipping fee to Germany and that's inordinate IMHO.
If they were to ship with overnight courier, then maybe ...