High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

OldJack

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
As someone who used to make my living with tools I can say I was less than impressed with the few Makitas I owned.

As I recall Makita made their name with the first 4 1/2" angle grinders about 30 years ago. They were much more convenient for most jobs than the heavy 7" grinders and got Makita off and running. You don't have to be perfect if you're firstest with the mostest. Oh, well, I've got my Dolmar and it will probably outlast me.

Wizmo

OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
We are a Dolmar dealer and getting good info out of the new Makita/Dolmar has been difficult. We are able to get Dolmar parts and saws out of Dolmar's US distribution center in Georgia, we toyed with the idea of dropping Dolmar due to the uncertainty and hassle but we love their saws so much we re upped with the new Dolmar/Makita, keeping our fingers crossed. We do not have a Dolmar rep, I was told they are gone and we may see a Makita rep who is probably busy calling on ACME Tool sites, and small Dolmar saw shops are likely not on their radar. A couple of things I have been told is that the Dolmar Red is gone in the US so Makita Blue will be the new norm, now what is unclear is if the Dolmar name will still be present on the US saws. Another disturbing issue is Dolmar saws being built at the Makita factory in China. We first noticed the PS-32 started showing up with a "made in China" on the label, I raised hell with our rep that was two years ago. I have since been told the ps-35 is now also being produced at the Makita factory in China and they are now called ps-35C, you now know what the C stands for. As bad as that is I have to admit the ps-32 built at the China factory is twice the saw the Stihl ms-181 is, whats a guy to do? I will post when we get more info!

Habada
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are a Dolmar dealer and getting good info out of the new Makita/Dolmar has been difficult. We are able to get Dolmar parts and saws out of Dolmar's US distribution center in Georgia, we toyed with the idea of dropping Dolmar due to the uncertainty and hassle but we love their saws so much we re upped with the new Dolmar/Makita, keeping our fingers crossed. We do not have a Dolmar rep, I was told they are gone and we may see a Makita rep who is probably busy calling on ACME Tool sites, and small Dolmar saw shops are likely not on their radar. A couple of things I have been told is that the Dolmar Red is gone in the US so Makita Blue will be the new norm, now what is unclear is if the Dolmar name will still be present on the US saws. Another disturbing issue is Dolmar saws being built at the Makita factory in China. We first noticed the PS-32 started showing up with a "made in China" on the label, I raised hell with our rep that was two years ago. I have since been told the ps-35 is now also being produced at the Makita factory in China and they are now called ps-35C, you now know what the C stands for. As bad as that is I have to admit the ps-32 built at the China factory is twice the saw the Stihl ms-181 is, whats a guy to do? I will post when we get more info!
You have been given some wrong information. Chainsaws will stay the warm red/orange color but with the Makita name. Cut off saws, trimmers, blowers will all go Makita Teal.

The PS-32 has always been assembled at a Makita plant in China. The PS-35 and larger model chainsaws are built in Hamburg Germany.

The "C" in the model codes are for the catalytic mufflers.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wizmo

OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You have been given some wrong information. Chainsaws will stay the warm red/orange color but with the Makita name. Cut off saws, trimmers, blowers will all go Makita Teal.

The PS-32 has always been assembled at a Makita plant in China. The PS-35 and larger model chainsaws are built in Hamburg Germany.

The "C" in the model codes are for the catalytic mufflers.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Hope you are correct, where did you hear or read that?, the info we received was given to me by a rep at Dolmar/Georgia who may or may not have accurate information but its the best source we have, he unequivocally informed us the PS-35 would be made in China as well and that was what the C stood for, interesting that the other larger models with catalytic converters are not labelled with a C?, and our original PS-32's were not made in China but in Hamburg, also we were trying to order name tags for the PS-32 and 35 but were not able to, the rep said those items would no longer be produced, thought that was curious. Like I said I hope you are correct but until Makita decides to adequately inform its Dolmar dealers of what the plan is going forward I am not sure if anyone really knows including Makita/Dolmar and their employees.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't you think that most saw sales would be from the 30cc - 40cc range for most manufactors , and they haven't been updated for a few years so another string in Dolmars bow is a good thing

Here is another interesting snippet View attachment 17879
I would rather makita not go after the bottom of the barrel (home owner) cheap saw buyers. Yea I bet they get a ton of sales doing that but they will loose most of their pro business for the little that they have. It would be nice to see a new pro- top handle and a new 90cc in the line. At least then I could peek interest to the tree service company's who would be more regular and higher paying customers. Right now I can't even get any tree service to consider them b/c the two saws they use the most aren't in the line up. Anyone that wants to bark and snap that a 7910 can do 90cc work can go away... I love Dolmar but their oilers can't handle long bars on that series without modification. Also their AV stretches out with the use of a long bar.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would rather makita not go after the bottom of the barrel (home owner) cheap saw buyers. Yea I bet they get a ton of sales doing that but they will loose most of their pro business for the little that they have. It would be nice to see a new pro- top handle and a new 90cc in the line. At least then I could peek interest to the tree service company's who would be more regular and higher paying customers. Right now I can't even get any tree service to consider them b/c the two saws they use the most aren't in the line up. Anyone that wants to bark and snap that a 7910 can do 90cc work can go away... I love Dolmar but their oilers can't handle long bars on that series without modification. Also their AV stretches out with the use of a long bar.

It is about time as you say they had a another good saw over 90cc they are capable of doing this
it's been at least 25yrs since Dolmar produced a saw over 90cc

OldJack

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll try posting this screen capture again. OK, looks like it worked. It looks like a strato design if you follow the blue and green airflows in the 2nd pic, but I'm not a 2 cycle expert.

Attachments

• Makita3600a.jpg
    Makita3600a.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Makita3600b.jpg
    Makita3600b.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 66

OldJack

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got this warning when I turned off Flash. Click on it to embiggen it.

Attachments

• NoFlash.jpg
    NoFlash.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 27