The Official JB Weld Fan Club Thread

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fixed a Cylinder head on a CBR 600 with JB weld. The bike was left with just water in it after a season of racing.... I bought it and JB welded it and rode it several thousand miles before selling it. Yes I told the guy that bought it and I know he road it for a few years.

I JB welded a oil cooler on our Cat955 loader Probably 20+ years ago and it is still running!

I’m sure I’m forgetting several things that got a JB repair all over the farm.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I modified the grips of my Glock 19 and 22 with Permatex 84145 Black Plastic Welder. I am not talented or patient enough to make it look factory, but once dried it matches the Glock plastic perfectly. I rough up the surface with 40 grit sandpaper and clean with alcohol before applying it. Will post a pic when I get a chance. I have used Devcon DA290 before and I think they are the same thing or at least super close to each other. Both produce the same gnarly fumes when mixing and behave exactly the same for me.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JB is good shtuff. Used it for more repairs than I can remember. In the world of firearms many guys use Devcon to bed bolt action rifles to stocks, hopefully they don't forget the release agent. Used some 2part dough like crap in a tube...steal stick? Repaired a transmission cooler line temporarily...it's been on for a few years now still holding.

Smeared that locktight 2 part s-word on knife handles before pinning the scales on. Good s-word. In my experience the fast set s-word is rarely as good as the slow setting crap.

Last edited:

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Devcon 10110. Smells good and you can mix it to a wide range of consistencies. Sands and files nice with real good tensile strength. I've seen jb get soft and gooey around gasoline even after a couple days cure. JB also doesn't have great hold or tensile strength but... it still works most of the time and i don't feel the need to use a scale to mix it. prep is key. surface finish. cleanliness and if the job calls for it reinforcement. nothing wrong with mixing in a little fiberglass sometimes.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CC49500B-3969-4416-9FE7-F38ED8A16FC3.jpeg ECB66617-117C-478F-BDFE-01CB0B5959B2.jpeg

This is the 2nd jug I ever ported. It was on my 066 for a while and ran the pisss outta it. Then when my race saw took a chit, I put this jug on my race 066.
It’s ugly but runs pretty good. The JB felt just as hard as it did after it first cured. Gas or ethanol does not soften JB at all.