The Official JB Weld Fan Club Thread

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whatever one prefers to fill intakes with is personal preference from experience. Though JB weld is a great product to have in your saw aresenol for a bunch of things. Two nights ago I did a plastic case/oil tank repair on a Jap top handle that had fallen off the truck @60. I prepped the area ruffing up the plastic with 100grit and did the repair. Sat it near my wood stove overnight & tank is holding 20psi press/vac. Whenever I over drill carb jets JB saves the situation. I've drilled it & tapped it before too. Its bloody magic. Its easy to offer advice based on what you've read, heard or seen but I like the product based on what its done for me. Sure other products may be better for certain tasks but I'm yet to have an issue with JB, it works. Branding it junk is just stupid internet talk based on little fact or experience.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whatever one prefers to fill intakes with is personal preference from experience. Though JB weld is a great product to have in your saw aresenol for a bunch of things. Two nights ago I did a plastic case/oil tank repair on a Jap top handle that had fallen off the truck @60. I prepped the area ruffing up the plastic with 100grit and did the repair. Sat it near my wood stove overnight & tank is holding 20psi press/vac. Whenever I over drill carb jets JB saves the situation. I've drilled it & tapped it before too. Its bloody magic. Its easy to offer advice based on what you've read, heard or seen but I like the product based on what its done for me. Sure other products may be better for certain tasks but I'm yet to have an issue with JB, it works. Branding it junk is just stupid internet talk based on little fact or experience.
Agreed.

I’ve seen it fix a cracked engine block. I’m sure the truck is dead by now but last I knew it had lasted over 20,000 miles and no issues.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
but but but the expert said it was junk and everyone on the site are culls
his words not mine

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JB weld was invented 100 miles west of me and is still manufactured there. I have used it countless times and my experience with it seems that when I really need it to work in an application of urgency after careful prep. it failed in the end.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JB weld was invented 100 miles west of me and is still manufactured there. I have used it countless times and my experience with it seems that when I really need it to work in an application of urgency after careful prep. it failed in the end.
What did you use it on Gary?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

That's a bummer to hear Gary. Honestly the first time I've heard that JB weld didn't at least hold up until the repair could be made properly.

This guy does some pretty cool stuff with jb weld:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
but but but the expert said it was junk and everyone on the site are culls
his words not mine
The term 'expert' are not my words either.lol. He mentions Kevin Cameron (fine tuner) prefers to use it which is fine as does Graeme Bell. But while I respect the opinion of those guys and even agree with it, it does not mean its the only option as far as 2 part epoxies go. Some factors that make Devcon suitable particularly Devcon F is its high aluminium content (like 80%), heat resistance 250°F & resistance to methanol, gas, oil etc. But JB is well suited too, its resistant to all petroleum products, withstands temps from -67° to +500°f and is fine for intakes. Neither product is junk, many folks here have used a bunch of JB with success. Sure if engine building is your life & you prefer one particular product based on experience...power to you. But you won't make friends round here calling people culls because your opinion based off someone elses opinion is not an opinion worth forming an opinion on due to it not being inline with your expert opinion which was base off someone else's opinion to begin with. Either product can be fk'd up if not done right or prepared poor.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stopped using Devcon and went back to good old fashioned JB Weld. The Devcon putty is much harder to get into the corners of the intake port.....which makes me wonder if it's also not getting into the divots I drill to help the epoxy bond.

I've used JB Weld in a metric chit ton of intake ports......and have yet to hear about a failure.

But....I don't use it for anything else. Wallowed out threads get inserts, or welded up. Cracked parts get pitched in the trash or welded and powdered.

Anyone wanna buy some unopened Devcon?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stopped using Devcon and went back to good old fashioned JB Weld. The Devcon putty is much harder to get into the corners of the intake port.....which makes me wonder if it's also not getting into the divots I drill to help the epoxy bond.

I've used JB Weld in a metric chit ton of intake ports......and have yet to hear about a failure.

But....I don't use it for anything else. Wallowed out threads get inserts, or welded up. Cracked parts get pitched in the trash or welded and powdered.

Anyone wanna buy some unopened Devcon?
lol Kevin put a name up that would take it