Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farming is do exciting. Always something. Hell of a repair on that mowing machine.

Remember that JD 2640 I got? Turns out it had the wrong PTO seal installed. Looks like the previous owner tried the fix it and just made it leak worse. No wonder he traded it off.....

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats in this field? Cucumbers?
47f61c2808ea22229ccf1f14b08e4583.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farming is do exciting. Always something. Hell of a repair on that mowing machine.

Remember that JD 2640 I got? Turns out it had the wrong PTO seal installed. Looks like the previous owner tried the fix it and just made it leak worse. No wonder he traded it off.....

Glad we're all getting our equipment repaired. Still have to repair the haybine and the square baler. But won't need any of that for a few months.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad we're all getting our equipment repaired. Still have to repair the haybine and the square baler. But won't need any of that for a few months.

I have a square baler that I built out of a NH with a JD chute. Hell of a good machine. New plunger slides, and bearing.....new twine fingers and bases. Never been rained on since the rebuild. I'll bale a few out of the second cutting for my neighbor's horses.....but aside from hat, I rarely use it.

It was hit by a car and left in a field to rot......

Baler NH311 012.jpg

After.......

IMG_2337.JPG IMG_2338.JPG

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a square baler that I built out of a NH with a JD chute. Hell of a good machine. New plunger slides, and bearing.....new twine fingers and bases. Never been rained on since the rebuild. I'll bale a few out of the second cutting for my neighbor's horses.....but aside from hat, I rarely use it.

View attachment 130681

After.......

View attachment 130682 View attachment 130683

Our tucker finger shaft got all bent up from one of the finges getting hit by a needle due to play. We got it all smashed back together to finish the hay. I have a real nice tucker finger kit from jdbalerparts.com. just need to install it. We will pull the plunger out this winter and rebuild the whole assembly.

Grandpa hit a stump and a telephone pole with the haybine in the same day and jacked it all up.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our tucker finger shaft got all bent up from one of the finges getting hit by a needle due to play. We got it all smashed back together to finish the hay. I have a real nice tucker finger kit from jdbalerparts.com. just need to install it. We will pull the plunger out this winter and rebuild the whole assembly.

Grandpa hit a stump and a telephone pole with the haybine in the same day and jacked it all up.

Dammit Grandpa !!!!!!!

Well......that's what my grandson would have said to me. LOL

He was small enough back when we rebuilt that 311 that I had him get inside the bale chamber and scrape out the old shims in the guild slots. Now, not so much.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dammit Grandpa !!!!!!!

Well......that's what my grandson would have said to me. LOL

He was small enough back when we rebuilt that 311 that I had him get inside the bale chamber and scrape out the old shims in the guild slots. Now, not so much.

I'm the small one so that will be my duty this winter!

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 130681

After.......

View attachment 130682 View attachment 130683

Nice looking work there Bossman. I haven’t square baled in years but I still get called to dads when it’s time to put all the squares in his barn for his horses. He had a deal cut with some neighbors of his for there hay. They bale it and leave it on the racks for him. Not sure how he swung that deal. Usually between 600-1000 squares a year.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking work there Bossman. I haven’t square baled in years but I still get called to dads when it’s time to put all the squares in his barn for his horses. He had a deal cut with some neighbors of his for there hay. They bale it and leave it on the racks for him. Not sure how he swung that deal. Usually between 600-1000 squares a year.

If I had to put 1000 small squares in the barn......I'd sell out. LOL

The first cutting this year made 131 rolls. I'm not sure how many squares that would have been......but I know it's a lot !!!!!

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The first cutting this year made 131 rolls. I'm not sure how many squares that would have been......but I know it's a lot !!!!!

Dad’s finally coming over from the dark side. For years he’s refused to feed his horses round bales. Said they waste to much. In the last couple years he’s started seeing the light. He’s not all the way yet buts he’s getting there. Lol.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

An average 800 lb round bale is the equivalent to approximately 20-25 small squares.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad’s finally coming over from the dark side. For years he’s refused to feed his horses round bales. Said they waste to much. In the last couple years he’s started seeing the light. He’s not all the way yet buts he’s getting there. Lol.

I just got a tractor with a FEL on it. Until this year I've handled the rolls with a rear spear on my 1120. Now I can stack em !!!!!! And....haul two at a time !!!!!! I'm like a kid with a new toy. LOL

An average 800 lb round bale is the equivalent to approximately 20-25 small squares.

Thank you Mike. I'd say my 5 x 4 makes a 600lb roll.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got a tractor with a FEL on it. Until this year I've handled the rolls with a rear spear on my 1120. Now I can stack em !!!!!! And....haul two at a time !!!!!! I'm like a kid with a new toy. LOL

Thank you Mike. I'd say my 5 x 4 makes a 600lb roll.
We do ours a little on the wet side and get them wrapped up so they look like big marshmallows. Lol
I can't remember the size of ours off hand but I think they might be 5x5.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do ours a little on the wet side and get them wrapped up so they look like big marshmallows. Lol
I can't remember the size of ours off hand but I think they might be 5x5.

I understand that they like it better.....and get more nutrition from those type bales. Something to think about as my herd grows.