Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man I wish it was here 🌵
We're sending a lot of water down the big muddy to Tennessee but it will be on the west side. Actually by the time it gets there it might not be noticeable as the folks down there do not have locks and dams so the water spreads out. I cannot even imagine the size of tows that get pushed down there

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are saying 80mph straight line winds and torrential rain heading here in an hour or two.

The fertilizer company just finished spraying my double crop beans 15 minutes ago.
There goes money down the river

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are saying 80mph straight line winds and torrential rain heading here in an hour or two.

The fertilizer company just finished spraying my double crop beans 15 minutes ago.
There goes money down the river
I feel for you,we are begging for it and you're getting too much.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel for you,we are begging for it and you're getting too much.
I personally have been very lucky this year on much of the severe stuff. I live right on top the Mississippi Bluff in Illinois. I am where the the river runs east and west instead of north and south. The river alters the patterns sometimes to my benefit but sometimes centers them on me like 2008.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some rain. Little late on a lot of my corn but the beans are happy. Had 5.5 inches. Gonna replant some beans that I guess died underground. Some came up but certainly not enough

Reactions: Lnk

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some rain. Little late on a lot of my corn but the beans are happy. Had 5.5 inches. Gonna replant some beans that I guess died underground. Some came up but certainly not enough
I got 2/10s at my house today and 3 miles down the road they got 3 inches.My beans look decent but everything else is burnt toast lol.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little people posse and I did some crop scouting today. The soybeans are flowering and looking really nice !! We’re in a narrow swath in central Mn that hasn’t gotten the nasty storms but has still gotten decent rain and it shows. I just hope it keeps happening that way until harvest.
IMG_1697.jpeg

I also got my new “portable” fuel barrel in place. The other “stationary” barrel in the exact same spot but was too close to the shed for the new fire inspector guy. He said it had to be 50’ away otherwise the building wasn’t going to be insured. I asked a series of questions leading up to “how close can I park a fuel trailer to a building” and he said they don’t regulate portable fuel trailers but that common sense says not to park it inside the building. Okay problem solved. The local co-op gave me the tank as long as I got a new pump/hose/filter setup from them so for $1240 I’m back in compliance.
IMG_1632.jpeg

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little people posse and I did some crop scouting today. The soybeans are flowering and looking really nice !! We’re in a narrow swath in central Mn that hasn’t gotten the nasty storms but has still gotten decent rain and it shows. I just hope it keeps happening that way until harvest.
View attachment 426757

I also got my new “portable” fuel barrel in place. The other “stationary” barrel in the exact same spot but was too close to the shed for the new fire inspector guy. He said it had to be 50’ away otherwise the building wasn’t going to be insured. I asked a series of questions leading up to “how close can I park a fuel trailer to a building” and he said they don’t regulate portable fuel trailers but that common sense says not to park it inside the building. Okay problem solved. The local co-op gave me the tank as long as I got a new pump/hose/filter setup from them so for $1240 I’m back in compliance.
View attachment 426758
Good looking beans

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 426757

View attachment 426758
I had a tank like that for temporary propane until I could get a stationary tank. I had a lot of county deputy traffic go by my house & several folks assumed I was cooking meth since it was an anhydrous tank.

I was really bummed when my new tank showed up. The gossip hounds had to find a new topic.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240715_074043.jpg
Fields are dry. Finally got an inch and a quarter yesterday. Last last week places 3 miles from the house got 4 and a quarter on one day and an extra 5/8th a couple days later. I got less than an inch combined on both of the previous rains.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you get a sleeve to fix her bill?
I got the ole girl pieced back together with a "hillbilly repair" the next day. I just inserted a piece of pipe into the hollow tubes. I really do not know how it has made it as many years as it has. It was a cheap pole decades ago.

1721369858455.png

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, I've had an issue the last couple weeks with some of my chickens breaking and eating their own eggs. One of my kids is notorious for dropping things, and I believe him dropping eggs and not cleaning them up kicked this issue off.

I decided to fill an eggshell with yellow mustard and cayenne pepper powder this morning, and place it in the coop to see what happened.

Screenshot_20240719_093559_Snapchat.jpg

These 3 hens immediately laid into it, and do not like yellow mustard nor cayenne pepper.

They do have several food sources available, as well as oyster shells, so I don't believe it's a nutritional issue. I think they just got a taste and decided eggs are awesome.

I'm going to do this for a few days, and see if the amount of broken eggs in my nesting boxes slows down any. If not, I guess the I will introduce the offenders to the chest freezer.

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife had that problem last winter.i don't know what she did but not had the problem since.i will ask her this evening.i know we didn't process any of them because I would have done it lol she doesn't have the heart for it