High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Official Farming Thread...

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
seems like it is getting harder to kill johnson grass so i cut it for hay cows still eat it and beats a snowball
i know a guy with soybeans up the road that has sprayed some johnson grass with round up and 2 4 D and it seemed like it didn't faze it.
he asked me about and i told him to mix it a bit stronger and it only maimed it but didn't kill it.
horse weed and waterhemp is the only one that can't be killed here either got to pull it out mow it or cut it down.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Cheat grass is the worst. I swear nothing kills it. It's everywhere in my parts.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
seems like it is getting harder to kill johnson grass so i cut it for hay cows still eat it and beats a snowball
i know a guy with soybeans up the road that has sprayed some johnson grass with round up and 2 4 D and it seemed like it didn't faze it.
he asked me about and i told him to mix it a bit stronger and it only maimed it but didn't kill it.
horse weed and waterhemp is the only one that can't be killed here either got to pull it out mow it or cut it down.
I'm not too hot on my chemicals but 2 4 d won't touch grass I don't know if liberty would kick that stuffs ass or not?? It will smoke mares tail occasionally we have to use it but it's expensive that's what the liberty link seed is for I would do my homework before I used it as it's expensive but it's real tough stuff . Used to be called ignite by liberty if you can find any that way

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not too hot on my chemicals but 2 4 d won't touch grass I don't know if liberty would kick that stuffs ass or not?? It will smoke mares tail occasionally we have to use it but it's expensive that's what the liberty link seed is for I would do my homework before I used it as it's expensive but it's real tough stuff . Used to be called ignite by liberty if you can find any that way
i will look but i doubt i will find anything. most of what can be bought here is called CO OP brand it has the technical name and that is it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shame she's all dusty got a good coat o paint on it I did about 10 year ago fairly clean piece I'm no paint master but that one came out good

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only issue I have with that tractor is my hydraulics I need to spend some time on it... The power is not there to lift my round baler tailgate.. Every thing else is good on it

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really really like our 856 it just sips fuel. Just tonight the 1086 started leaking Hydraulic fluid from a steel line under the cab. :( So the 856 got called up to pull planting duty. I just quit for the night because the headlights are lacking...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our 856 is a spare I guess you call it now... It used to do all the corn planting with an air planter ran it for years and years then we switched to a 1486 I usually drive that one it's a fuel sipper also. Run a 4640 deere to the other corn bean planter

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And yeah the headlights on the older girls let you see enough to think you can watch everything... Lacking

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good deal. We raise a lot of malt barley and use the reject to plant back into stubble after harvest then let the cows graze it all winter. Works well for us and we always have residue available to strip till sugar beets into sand as well. Do you let it head out or cut it before it starts to head and beard out?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Usually try to cut it as you first start seeing heads. It's been so wet I've saw a couple other guys lose hay. If I miss that window I like to have some grain filling in the heads but still "dough" We like to graze over barley or rye we fly that on over corn . Well I don't fly I call the man who does and he flys I have a field that notoriously grows vetch thick I like to cut barley that's loaded with vetch it makes real good hay it's sorta a pain to bale it though it's stringy and funky acting

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last year our regrowth fully headed out and laid down so we had way too much feed to deal with this spring and had to leave cows on it an extra month before going to the hils with them. Do you have any lump jaw issues with it being put up as hay? We see a few every year from the regrowth after harvest. Nothing too terrible though.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah I haven't had any problems my neighbor raises around 100 cows or so he does the same as we do I've never heard of him having any problems either?? I've never actually heard of what your talking about What causes it?