nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I should’ve said I really like garlic but know nothing about growing it
@hoskvarna that's where I was about 4 years ago. And rumor has it you might know how to grow shiz.
Once I discovered that growing onions and garlic are very similar, both need loomy soil, keeping weeds/other plants in check, and for my patch the garlic is really liking the straw mulch.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@hoskvarna that's where I was about 4 years ago. And rumor has it you might know how to grow shiz.
Once I discovered that growing onions and garlic are very similar, both need loomy soil, keeping weeds/other plants in check, and for my patch the garlic is really liking the straw mulch.
I’m about as experienced as you are with garlic, ~5yrs, so i don’t want anyone thinking I’m the expert. Your stalks look as good or better than mine so I’m bettin you’ll be pleased with your crop.

Last edited:

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s probably too late for this year, but if anyone is getting into garlic they should also look into growing sweet potatoes. I’ve planted shoots in the spring and gotten some nice potatoes in late September. They store all winter and taste great too.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beans done till wheat comes off. Gotta cut a little hay. Pulling old haybine out 488 new Holland. Gonna get a little love and try to get it properly fixed back up.

Baler is getting a pickup rebuild. All new guards and tines(640 new Holland fastnet)

I’ll get some pictures of before and after on baler.

Looking for a lift crank used. Part number 86637165. Anyone feel like digging the internet to help me locate I’d be back in business

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_4444.jpegIMG_4443.jpegCause why not. Big tire not repairable. I’ve put 2 boots inside now has sidewall crack through to the inside

😂 haybine tire literally exploded. I aired it up to correct psi. It made some funny sounds. I retreated. Bout an hour later she blew sitting there in the yard.

Old man found a couple good casings for the big tractor. Guess I’ll try to get it on in the morning. I’m gonna get an extra set of hands on that one too 20.8-r42. Little bigger than I like playing with by myself. Those have been lousy tires from day one. Goodyear dt710. They’re great if you have sand or completely dry ground but in slightly tacky conditions they won’t pull. Casings aren’t much good either.

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
GoldMember
Local time
8:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag