The new 70cc ECHO saw

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No way that’s true, The 462 smoked it on the dyno. Stock for stock, haven’t seen any ported results. I loved my echo 590 and willing paid way more for my 462 vs a 7310 or a 572. That’s the best saw in that class currently by a long shot.
This is your personal opinion on the matter but you will find many that think differently than you. You would be better stating you feel the 462 is the best but to just state it is by a long shot is just plain ignorant. Just adding a couple words can make a lot less headache and prevent a whole nother big dick contest which this place has had plenty of and gets no where

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is your personal opinion on the matter but you will find many that think differently than you. You would be better stating you feel the 462 is the best but to just state it is by a long shot is just plain ignorant. Just adding a couple words can make a lot less headache and prevent a whole nother big dick contest which this place has had plenty of and gets no where
Meh, ok. Not the way this post is going... Enjoy your saws.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I was asking was a legitimate question about ported or stock saws. Somebody made a statement about the 7310 being the strongest of the three and it reminded him of his ported 576xp. Guess I touched off the mine is bigger than yours all three are good saws but looking at several videos of stock saws with new chains I’d have to say both the Stihl and husky were faster stock for stock. Just observing several videos that were done by different people. I’ll I’ve noticed on the ms462’s is they are a strong reving saw that carries rpm well with a 20” bar I know also they aren’t the best suited to a 32” but will run one. So will all depend on purpose being used for, I personally haven’t run a 572 but from what I’ve been able to tell by reading they carry the torque a bit better on a long bar than a 462. I personally like the weight an power the 462 has and wouldn’t trade a few tenths of a second for a pound more weight. Far as echo gos no dealer up hear because most people haven’t had echo or the few that have don’t have fond memories of the ones they had in the 70’s. One guy used to log with them and they went into the woods with 3 saws for the day and came out with one or two runners he said. Never was a big issue just constantly little things so they went jonsred, then husky and now he’s trying Stihl. An I’ll admit I probably had a bit to do with trying a Stihl but he’s checked into the 5 series husky and isn’t sold on them having the hot start issues fixed. So even though his ms362 is slower than a husky 562 he is confident it will start and run to get the wood down. He’s a one man logging operation up here. Hand fells and drags with a cable skidder. 2 seconds quicker means nothing it’s all about running when it needs too.

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Availability and I don’t typically buy first year or new tech stuff. It took me long enough to find a 462 locally, I didn’t see a 500 for months after that.
462s have been available for a while here. Heck, my dealer still 461s in stock

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Availability and I don’t typically buy first year or new tech stuff. It took me long enough to find a 462 locally, I didn’t see a 500 for months after that.
That I kind of understand but in the states if a saw is here for sale it already has hundreds of test hours because we get the saws after a lot of other countries. I still would have bought a 500 had I been able to get one but since I couldn’t I got a 462 till maybe later in the year or next when I can buy a 500.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
2:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That I kind of understand but in the states if a saw is here for sale it already has hundreds of test hours because we get the saws after a lot of other countries. I still would have bought a 500 had I been able to get one but since I couldn’t I got a 462 till maybe later in the year or next when I can buy a 500.
Maybe port the 462? Beat the 500i for the same cost?