Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just take a cut off wheel to the stihl bar studs
Cut off the top and bottom threads off
Bam d009
NOPE. The adjuster hole is in different location. Resulting odd ball chain drive links. Its like 71 links in 20 inch I recall. And 67 links in 18 inch husky bar.

2strkfn

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finally some more ported ones rolling in. I would have formatted the video different, and well, done the math correctly but nice to see they got 27% out of it.

2strkfn

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm hoping you have them dialed in by the time I get to port mine
Have a new cylinder on order to push my personal saw. Until I get a lot of time on the test bed saw, my woods port numbers are real close to final. Sitting at 35% repeatable gains. I know there is more, due to the design....

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It took me a while to realize.

I really don't think echo is trying to "compete" with husky/stihl in the logging industry...

I think they just wanted a saw to replace the old 680/800 designs. For the current customers.

Design/build 1 saw model, and retire 2 saw models at the same time.

Current owners will be excited to upgrade, and it is an upgrade over the 2 old models.

If they get some logging converts, I'm sure they will be happy to have new customers, but I don't think that was the goal with This new saw.

Keep is somewhat close to the other big brand offerings, while blowing the old model echo away.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Hillbilly01

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. Pulled the carb and got the limiters off last week. Finally had some time to tune the saw and run it today. Only thing I have done so far is remove the spark arrestor and limiters to tune it up. Plan to just burn through some fuel to loosen it up while I figure out what to do with the muffler.