High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The kindest words I can muster for JMS...

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This may have been covered in detail somewhere but, do I need to run a Stihl brand .325 x 8 rim if I want to try an 8 pin on my ported 026?

I thought I remember the Stihl clutch sprocket is different than the Oregon???

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From that I see on that phone, it does have a door on the side for the SD card.
That should be what is needed to get the info you are looking for.

What do you have now?
Your Cell carrier might / should be able to read that SD card

Samsung

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That old phone is confusing...
One set of info tells me there is an SD card.
Another one said No....

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This may have been covered in detail somewhere but, do I need to run a Stihl brand .325 x 8 rim if I want to try an 8 pin on my ported 026?

I thought I remember the Stihl clutch sprocket is different than the Oregon???

It's different then the small spline Oregon that fits huskies and others. I think if you get the Oregon drum with it, it will work. If you order one make sure it either has an adjustable oiler or no because the oiler is driven by the drum.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some do use that area for all contacts and messages.
Older ones might be in the internal memory..... Just not sure with this one.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being an Android phone it has a Google account with it and you can get the contacts usually on your Google account. But the text history... Probably only if you backed up the phone. Sometimes the phones have built in and SD card storage ... If text history is on the built in you may need to get the phone working to get it. If you get the SD card out it can be mounted on a Linux system and the OS filesystem (if on there) can be searched for the text history. I'd be happy to take a crack at it if you get the SD card out. I've got an SD reader that can read the various form factor SD cards and a Linux system that can read any filesystem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Toad22t post: 473194 said:
Well I wasn't going to share what I paid for my JMS 064/056 magll, but here it is. I sent him 2 complete 064's plus a 660 cylinder, plus 2 more 064 cylinder's. I received one 064 back. I also sent new OEM bearings, OEM gaskets and seals, 056 magll p/c and I forgot what else. I also paid him another $400 and that's not including the extra parts like another piston, carbs off of eBay and parts I bought from Dave Smith for this build. There was alot of R&D for the build and of anyone paid attention to the build thread on here they would we that.
Wow!! Holy sheet....wow!! Reading this post made my heart sink. This guy absolutely HAD to be stopped & shut down.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow!! Holy sheet....wow!! Reading this post made my heart sink. This guy absolutely HAD to be stopped & shut down.

Estimating to be around $1400-1500 for a port job. I am wondering if Toad was charged all of this or volunteered all of this. Either way, Toad agreed to it. Hopefully, he at least got what he paid for.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And that's where problems between people arise. Did you ever contact me to say "Dude, I don't really like this 026 here"?

You have to know that I would have done anything, and everything to make it into a saw you did like.

As builders we need real world feedback on our work. Too many people will keep the negative stuff to themselves. That really don't help us build better saws.

So.....thanks for the feedback. What would have made the 026 better?
It must be hard as a builder. I feel for ya Amigo. Some people are never going to be happy with a saw. Not sayi,g this guy but many. Some guys you could put a Cummins diesel behind a bar and chain, and they would still be unhappy. One reason I quit buying Stihls. To me if they are lack luster out of the box, they won't do me any good. Never owned a ported saw, keep thinking maybe one day. If so you are the only one I would send a saw too. Because I remember many years back, watching your work, while some thought they were good. You were and still are top shelf. And never bragged about it. I cut in real world conditions. I see value in porting some saws, but neither have the money to, have it done. Nor the time to down a saw that long. Some guys I wanna say man up and pack a saw:) But maybe I will try one and see. As for you Amigo anyone has issues with a saw from you. I'm going to say maybe that person picked the wrong model saw, or is just not going to be happy. I'm glad you created this site, because I have up on all others. And anyone who drags it down. I hope they get cut loose from her. Meaning people who are dishonest,not meaning people who give feedback on saws:) thanks for being my friend, and always being there for technical help, chatting etc. One day you may just get a powerhead on your porch, from me. Needing a mastermind sticker:)