High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The kindest words I can muster for JMS...

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...because we all know he'll see them.

Knowing your personality type all too well, I honestly hate to provide you with this type of attention. I'm going to take that risk, with the hope that you draw something from these words and attempt to help your own situation.

Jason, you clearly possess talent. I've heard from folks who have contracted your work and been genuinely pleased. I saw your smoothing on the exhaust port of my 046 cylinder, and it was phenomenal.

Integrity, though...

Someone once told me that integrity is "doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." I think that makes perfect sense, and the context is undeniable with the job you offered to do for me.

I won't go into great, boring detail here; because frankly, you know precisely what services and parts you offered for our agreed-upon price. I've posted the important excerpts from our conversation elsewhere to be seen by all, and I would gladly post screenshots just the same, to dispel any myth. The fact is, you did very little of what you promised:

There is no port work in that cylinder. The rubber parts were not replaced. The carburetor was not rebuilt. OEM parts were not used where promised or implied, and installation of certain parts was subpar. The clutch was not replaced. The case was never split, and bearings were not replaced. We never even discussed an oil pump (lost in the lies?). Attention to detail went out the window at the very beginning.

The real shame here is that I'm not the only one with a similar experience. What of the $1500 064? What happened there? To tell folks that was your personal dream saw is a fallacy. No one believes that you put that pile of junk inside a clean case because you were going to use it yourself.

Two cases of applying minimal work to the exterior, so as to cover up poor work and junk parts on the interior. I don't believe in coincidences. Most folks don't, actually. People know your business model now. But why is that your method?

People trusted you...and you stole from them. You took their money and didn't provide anything in exchange. Here's a direct quote of your words from FirewoodHoardersClub.com:

"Nobody has ever paid me for something they didn't get,it has never happened."

Horseshit.

You can clearly do good work. You have the capability. I can't believe that you would turn out such shoddy work in the name of maximizing profits? To break promises and contracts is to lose future repeat business.

I also understand that you're attempting to convince people that I'm lying on the conditions of the job I paid you for. Why would you do such a thing, when it's all in writing? When the proof is before us in the form of pictures?

You need help. What kind, I don't know. It's up to you to find it. If relationships can be rebuilt after such breech of integrity, it's on you to fix.

And to think, all of this over a couple of saws and a handful of dollars.

I wish you the best, because that's how it should be.

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does this guy actually merit any kind words?

I don't really understand all of the hand wringing. Or the "oh my gosh I can't believe it" surprise that someone is dishonest. The saw world is just a small slice of the whole world. This growing saw porting thing is bound to attract some dirtbags who look to rip people off. So, we've identified one, and passed the word so other guys can avoid getting screwed. That's good, cause as a group of well intentioned guys who share a common interest, we all need to look after each other.

There is SO much of this stuff going on out there that everyone has to keep their eyes and ears open, and have each other's back. This kind of stuff is super common with guys flipping saws on Craig's list that have been rebuilt with cheap chinese parts. None of the guys I've seen come in with these saws had a clue that the saws were patched together that way. And no @Mattyo, it's not a matter of "let the buyer beware". It's a matter of let the seller be honest.

Dealer's do it all the time too. I had a saw in this week that was done by another dealer I know and I'm still in a state of dis-belief. I sit with the F'in jerk at meetings, and he's one of the loud mouths that complain about this, that, or the other thing that Husky should be doing for the dealers. So, what's he do to his customer? Charges the guy $480 to rebuild a 394 into a 395 and uses a freaking AM top end! He's a damn Husky dealer and can buy the OEM top end for at most $50 more than the AM one. Un-freaking-believable. And he only changed half the parts that should be changed for the conversion. Not to mention things like the kinked throttle cable that only allowed 3/4 opening of the throttle. Shabby-dishonest-just give me your-money work is out there everywhere. This JMS clown is just one of many. We've got each other's back, and we'll keep looking out for one another.

And really, the only way a saw like an 064 would be worth $1500 is if it was a new in the box virgin. Let's keep it real boys. :)

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does this guy actually merit any kind words?

Mmm, I didn't say they're "kind words"; but rather "the kindest words I can muster..."

I.e. My best effort to be civil whilst delivering a message of disgust. There's a clear difference.

Frankly, he deserves jail time and stiff financial penalties, and should be required to refund what he has stolen from his customers.