The dogs of OPEforum

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are they as high energy as they say? I like them but passed on getting one for that reason.

Oh yes. They are.

It's totally manageable if you are good with dogs. Mine are trained to the max.

Eta: they are the best dogs I've ever had.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small dogs have big personality
In spades!!IMG_0895.jpgBefore Duce, Yoda a tricolor Bull Terrier was never aggressive with children or people. Neither ever bit a human. Yoda was not fond of aggressive dogs, rats, groundhogs, squirrels. He weighed 48 lbs, neighbor turned his Sheppard/wolf hybrid on him, Yoda broke his collar and things worked out poorly. Wife called me at work, saying he was covered in blood, told her to wash him off and call vet. She called back to tell me he had no cuts. Where we boarded him, owner asked if he could use him to clear his barn of woodchucks and rats. Put him in barn for one day and we received free boarding for the week. He said it was a mess.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In spades!!View attachment 328630Before Duce, Yoda a tricolor Bull Terrier was never aggressive with children or people. Neither ever bit a human. Yoda was not fond of aggressive dogs, rats, groundhogs, squirrels. He weighed 48 lbs, neighbor turned his Sheppard/wolf hybrid on him, Yoda broke his collar and things worked out poorly. Wife called me at work, saying he was covered in blood, told her to wash him off and call vet. She called back to tell me he had no cuts. Where we boarded him, owner asked if he could use him to clear his barn of woodchucks and rats. Put him in barn for one day and we received free boarding for the week. He said it was a mess.

What a savage!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a savage!
I look at it as fulfilling his breed heritage. Would think yours would be good at herding or service work. Our family had a Doberman that I took to one on one obedience classes, ended up working on voice and hand commands. Well trained dogs are a pleasure to own. Even a stubborn Bull Terrier can trained to obey and play frisbee (frisbee's do not last, use 5 gallon bucket lids). Duce shredded a indestructible Kong disc after one throw. What a waste of $15.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I look at it as fulfilling his breed heritage. Would think yours would be good at herding or service work. Our family had a Doberman that I took to one on one obedience classes, ended up working on voice and hand commands. Well trained dogs are a pleasure to own. Even a stubborn Bull Terrier can trained to obey and play frisbee (frisbee's do not last, use 5 gallon bucket lids). Duce shredded a indestructible Kong disc after one throw. What a waste of $15.

Mine can sure cause wome wounds I'll say that.

And a fluffy stuffed animal lasts about 30 seconds.

They track anything. Zeke is an ice cream detecting dog.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Play time
16af600c710e567006b3d8537d347a7e.jpg
0b7a8af94795ab8ecde5798e589308b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk