High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Bulletproof Garage - Project Car and Truck Shenanigans and Fiascos...

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just watched exciting episode 4. Good stuff. Keep it going bro.

Thanks, Adam. This one took forever to edit with all the fast-forwarded footage, added text, added music, etc.

Next episode was shot about a week ago; covers the engine that I sourced for the truck. Had planned to include it in on this episode, but it was long enough already. It should be a short one unless I decide to add anything to it.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, Adam. This one took forever to edit with all the fast-forwarded footage, added text, added music, etc.

Next episode was shot about a week ago; covers the engine that I sourced for the truck. Had planned to include it in on this episode, but it was long enough already. It should be a short one unless I decide to add anything to it.
I would like to ask why a man with an air hammer would drive out rivets with a hand punch and hammer tho?

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn good question! After I killed the first air hammer, I wasn't expecting the second one to be very useful. This was also my first time removing this type of rivet and - as you've surmised - it turns out that I was spending way too much time with my cutoff wheel, grinder, and ball peen when I should have been using the air hammer for most of the work.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn good question! After I killed the first air hammer, I wasn't expecting the second one to be very useful. This was also my first time removing this type of rivet and - as you've surmised - it turns out that I was spending way too much time with my cutoff wheel, grinder, and ball peen when I should have been using the air hammer for most of the work.

I use an oxy acetylene torch to burn the rivet heads off and then use a good air hammer to push the rivits out. Did my whole frame in about 15 minutes.

20190203_160458.jpg 20190203_160451.jpg

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'm still plugging away at Brutus, but I recently checked out some video I shot of my '72 Bronco project a few years ago (paid $1400 for it - it was ROUGH), and I think I have enough for several episodes. Posted one early this morning and it's getting a lot of views, which doesn't surprise me much.

Anyway, here's the linky -

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been a while since I posted here, but there's plenty of news. The front diff is IN! Truck looks great! My YouTube channel is now monetized; it won't be a lot of $ (maybe $100/mo to start?) but still nice to be getting a paycheck for this.

I also started on the 7.3 IDI turbo engine rebuild, lifted the rear of the truck, and just posted a video of the ZF-5 transmission disassembly.

IMG_9628.jpg