Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I haven't put enough hours on my 572 yet to run into any issues. So far it has been a great saw. That being said, I did have an issue with my 550xp 1st edition. The carb had to be replaced under warranty shortly after I got it. Thankfully it has been fine since.

The vast majority of these saws are gonna be fine. Husqvarna has been great about covering warranty claims too. I've probably done 50 of these.....and out of those I think 6 have had some sort of issue. Not nearly as bad as the earlier 5 series saws. For instance, I did 10 562s at the same time, three of those wouldn't even start until the carbs were replaced. Once I tore down 6 550s, and 4 of them had torn seals on the transfer covers.

At that point I decided to stop doing 5 series Husqvarnas. Then the 572 was released, and I took a gamble that Husqvarna had gotten their quality control issues taken care of. And I'm happy to report that they have been much better.

Seeing people get mad because I share what I've seen with my own eyes is sad though. We should be standing together to ask Husqvarna to do better rather than attacking a guy for telling the truth. But, that's where we are as a nation I'm afraid. Truth doesn't matter, only winning.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly, as a Husqvarna fan, I have to agree with you about their quality control.

It was usual for me to check almost every detail after buying a 560 or a 562, I only saw one bad carb (el46) and of course most of the screws were only half tight on these saws (classic husky ). I even had an oil leak from the front of the saw, some oil was leaking from the tank to the muffler. Great smell with this crappy biological oil. Fixed by tightening the crankcase screws.

I really think the 572 I use everyday is the most reliable saw I ever owned. But even in the small french community, I heard some sad things recently, especially crank bearing failures.

Don't know what's happening with these saws, maybe they just took extra care at the beginning to build a solid reputation?

Finally, the best way to get a good 5xx husky is to get a ported one from Randy to be sure it's fine

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bottom line...you poked at Randy and he poked back. Anyone reading this thread can clearly see that you are the only one to approach this in an adversarial manner. Randy sees more volume come across his bench than 95% of us in here, myself included. If he sees a trend he shares, even if its only 3 out of 100 that’s time/money wasted for him and his customers. And you can bet your a$$ that if there were trends in other brands he would share that too. If you wanna call me a fan boy go ahead but you would be wrong. If I thought Randy was wrong in what he posted I would say so. Let’s all remember they’re just effing chainsaws and move on to productive discussion. Maybe ask questions relevant to the bearing failures that are starting to show up.
A little perspective may help. Once asked Randy in a PM why he and others were allowed to bash other members when I could not see what they were doing wrong. His response was. Things go on behind the scenes which you can not see, with no further explanation. After I had paid him to port my 562, he used that saw in a video to show how it cut slower than Stihl, 6100 ported saws. No big deal, use my saws for taking care of my property, clearing trees and producing firewood to heat our home for over 40+ years. Tenths of a second do not disturb me, would rather be cutting, then brushing, splitting and stacking. In that video he commented how he liked how that 562xp performed, two weeks later he is 562 bashing. Once again I asked why all the 5 series bashing, but you still port those inferior saws. Answer, "do it for the money". That did not sit well with me, sorry.

It is no big revelation Mr. Evans does not care for Husqvarna 5 series saw. So, then I see this post describing fault of a 572. Was this a factory sealed unopened box, was saw removed, inspected and air filter reinstalled causing cross thread nut and bolt? He complained about poor quality control, doubt removing air filter and reinstalling is a part of that. Do auto makers remove and reinstall wheels on every auto coming down assembly line? If box was sealed, poor assemble by a human or machine caused that issue.

Take a close look at that review, why would anyone hack that filter apart. Already had knob removed, why not just cut or grind that head off of bolt and remove filter. Maybe for dramatic effect.

I never mentioned butt hurt or swore at him, said it was hard for me to understand that was a high use saw. Stihl saws with high use seem to look much worse than that. I was corrected by several. Stated I did not mean he was a liar, but again I am swore at. So my question was? Who has butt hurt.

Randy is not the only person to have information others are not privileged to. Everyone is entitled to follow the leader's opinions, I have my own. If asking him questions or disagreeing with him is against the rules, carry on, I speak with people that see many more saws come past them.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was this a factory sealed unopened box, was saw removed, inspected and air filter reinstalled causing cross thread nut and bolt? He complained about poor quality control, doubt removing air filter and reinstalling is a part of that.

Again.....you are attempting to cast doubt on what I shared. I'm beginning to see that you don't like me. From reading your post you have said you don't like me because I just tell it like it is.

Why do I port 5 series saws? For money. That's absolutely true. What you don't realize is that when I talk to potential customers I'm not shy about telling them exactly how I feel about any saw they ask about. Because of this thread, and your reaction to it, I've decided not to handle anymore 5 series saws. I'm done with them.

As for this air filter. Yes, brand new saw, sealed in the box. The filter stud was cross threaded into the captured nut in the filter base. The nut was turning in the base, so there really wasn't any possible way to remove the air filter. Both are in the trash can. They are both being replaced under warranty btw.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I speak with people that see many more saws come past them.

I've been thinking about this statement.

Now....who do you know that takes apart more brand new saws than I do?

I'm sure there are people who sell far more saws, but I know for a fact (there I go with more facts) that they do not disassemble them and reassemble them before they sell them.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again.....you are attempting to cast doubt on what I shared. I'm beginning to see that you don't like me. From reading your post you have said you don't like me because I just tell it like it is.

Why do I port 5 series saws? For money. That's absolutely true. What you don't realize is that when I talk to potential customers I'm not shy about telling them exactly how I feel about any saw they ask about. Because of this thread, and your reaction to it, I've decided not to handle anymore 5 series saws. I'm done with them.

As for this air filter. Yes, brand new saw, sealed in the box. The filter stud was cross threaded into the captured nut in the filter base. The nut was turning in the base, so there really wasn't any possible way to remove the air filter. Both are in the trash can. They are both being replaced under warranty btw.
So there was no way to remove head of bolt, slide air filter off and not destroy it? Just asking a question, not insinuating you are lying, let's be clear. Some of other statements you have made here, you either do not know whole story or would rather not share. Never meet you or know you personally, have no opinion except for stating what I said above. Good day to you, Sir.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been thinking about this statement.

Now....who do you know that takes apart more brand new saws than I do?

I'm sure there are people who sell far more saws, but I know for a fact (there I go with more facts) that they do not disassemble them and reassemble them before they sell them.
No, they repair broken saws and see failings, far more than you. Guys running log wizards, straight gassed, run over, never maintained and complain, what pieces of junk they are. They work on all brands, rode hard and put away wet, will they point out problems with brands they sell, yes. Do they repair Stihls from JD dealer, Huskys from TSC and Dolmar/ Makita or anything else brought in, yes they do. Here I go with a fact, they see more saws in a day, than you see in weeks if you only do 6 a week as stated by you. So you are no longer working on Husqvarna 5 series saws, good deal, I will sleep better tonight. You are the true Master, so I will leave it at that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So there was no way to remove head of bolt, slide air filter off and not destroy it? Just asking a question, not insinuating you are lying, let's be clear.

Of course I could have ground the head off.....but would still have to replace the stud....which is included with a new air filter. I cut the damn thing off after spending ten minutes trying to find some way to remove it. By that time I was out of *f-words to give. Garbage is garbage.

Some of other statements you have made here, you either do not know whole story or would rather not share.

I'd like for you to ask me detailed questions about whatever you are alluding to here....cause I can't read minds.

Never meet you or know you personally,

I'm ok with never having to meet you.

I'm sure it would be unpleasant for us both at this point.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, they repair broken saws and see failings, far more than you. Guys running log wizards, straight gassed, run over, never maintained and complain, what pieces of junk they are. They work on all brands, rode hard and put away wet, will they point out problems with brands they sell, yes. Do they repair Stihls from JD dealer, Huskys from TSC and Dolmar/ Makita or anything else brought in, yes they do. Here I go with a fact, they see more saws in a day, than you see in weeks if you only do 6 a week as stated by you. So you are no longer working on Husqvarna 5 series saws, good deal, I will sleep better tonight. You are the true Master, so I will leave it at that.

They see......ok.

You're just a *f-wording fanboi.

Good day sir !!!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This place is full of your Fanboys. Can not disagree or have a different point of view without enduring their wrath.
ive been keeping quiet
im done *f-wording being quiet
you come here running your NOPE and calling randy a liar
then denying everything
you have went full *f-wording retard and you probably should move to another site
if it was my choice your *pretty boy would have been gone long ago

how about you go suck your husky dealer and maybe he will let you do a before and after taste test

duce to me you are what i go do on the *s-wordter

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

you may be missing Randy's point...if I may... a broken saw in for repairs could have been "broked" by any of a myriad of reasons... Randy's complaint is with BRAND NEW unopened box saws requiring major repairs before they can be operated. Its "Quality" or lack there of "Control" that is the issue.. Not the general operating reputation, performance or even reliability.

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you may be missing Randy's point...if I may... a broken saw in for repairs could have been "broked" by any of a myriad of reasons... Randy's complaint is with BRAND NEW unopened box saws requiring major repairs before they can be operated. Its "Quality" or lack there of "Control" that is the issue.. Not the general operating reputation or performance or even reliability.
hes too *f-wording blind to see the real point
no use trying to explain it to someone who think he knows it all

but only goes by his dealers thoughts