Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason....my friend.

Time with your son is far more important. I'm praying that the crappie attack the bait with a vengeance.

Also, thank that young man for serving our great nation. We are free to have this GTG because of brave men like him.
Thank you Randy. I will certainly convey to him your appreciation for his service. He's my number one young man, and my college daughter is my number one gal. I miss seeing them every day so much.

On a side note, my daughter and her mother (ex) are in Sparta right now...left today around noontime. My ex's Aunt willed her a home and property when she passed...they're up there handling the red tape paperwork and getting it ready to sell. It's also slam full of fine antique furniture and whatnot. I'll probably get the U-Haul duty after the holidays sometime after the first of the year, to do the loading and driving with all the stuff back to mid-Ga.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Randy. I will certainly convey to him your appreciation for his service. He's my number one young man, and my college daughter is my number one gal. I miss seeing them every day so much.

On a side note, my daughter and her mother (ex) are in Sparta right now...left today around noontime. My ex's Aunt willed her a home and property when she passed...they're up there handling the red tape paperwork and getting it ready to sell. It's also slam full of fine antique furniture and whatnot. I'll probably get the U-Haul duty after the holidays sometime after the first of the year, to do the loading and driving with all the stuff back to mid-Ga.

@mels is in Sparta right now. I invited him to come to a sweat with us tomorrow. Gonna melt his ears a wee bit. :)

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, did you get my email this morning?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind...Randy, my son aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson called me this afternoon. They've been on sea trials for about 28 days, hitting port at San Diego, Monday. We only talked for about 5 mins...they don't let those guys call very often and when they do it's a ship satellite phone...no cell phones allowed on the flight deck and you better not get caught with one...understandably so.

Son is coming home the end of this month for 9 days before they deploy in late Dec. First thing he said was, 'Dad, we gonna hunt some crappie ain't we?' He's like his ol' man, he knows the water temps are getting right. He mentioned either the following Sat/Sun to try and get on'em (Dec 3/4). I mentioned to him real quick about the GTG...as I quote his 25 yr old ass...'to hell with a chainsaw, I wanna snatch some lips.'

I ain't gonna make it this year...I'll miss you fellas that I wanted to shake hands with as a man, run some saws, drag the SS HD up there and let folks split with it, sit around shootin' the chit, having a great time.

I know we had a PM going and I told you I'd man handle the hog on the grill, and any other grills...I kinda feel like a turd in a punch bowl now.

I can't miss time with him and I'm slave to his regimen, understandably so, while he's here. He doesn't have enough time and grade (he's an E-3) yet to get a little better dates to come home more towards Christmas time prior to deployment. I gotta play the hand I'm dealt. I hope the lip-snatchin' crappie cooperate.

I'm damn glad he's coming home for a handful of days, but I'm sad I can't make the GTG. Again, would've liked to handle the grills for the groceries, and more importantly, rub some elbows with your crazy ass and all who attend. I know damn well it's gonna be a blast!!

I hope you plan another one for next year...I think with so many folks coming to this one, it'll happen again.

Who your calling crazy, flatfoot?

He comes before us dude.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind...Randy, my son aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson called me this afternoon. They've been on sea trials for about 28 days, hitting port at San Diego, Monday. We only talked for about 5 mins...they don't let those guys call very often and when they do it's a ship satellite phone...no cell phones allowed on the flight deck and you better not get caught with one...understandably so.

Son is coming home the end of this month for 9 days before they deploy in late Dec. First thing he said was, 'Dad, we gonna hunt some crappie ain't we?' He's like his ol' man, he knows the water temps are getting right. He mentioned either the following Sat/Sun to try and get on'em (Dec 3/4). I mentioned to him real quick about the GTG...as I quote his 25 yr old ass...'to hell with a chainsaw, I wanna snatch some lips.'

I ain't gonna make it this year...I'll miss you fellas that I wanted to shake hands with as a man, run some saws, drag the SS HD up there and let folks split with it, sit around shootin' the chit, having a great time.

I know we had a PM going and I told you I'd man handle the hog on the grill, and any other grills...I kinda feel like a turd in a punch bowl now.

I can't miss time with him and I'm slave to his regimen, understandably so, while he's here. He doesn't have enough time and grade (he's an E-3) yet to get a little better dates to come home more towards Christmas time prior to deployment. I gotta play the hand I'm dealt. I hope the lip-snatchin' crappie cooperate.

I'm damn glad he's coming home for a handful of days, but I'm sad I can't make the GTG. Again, would've liked to handle the grills for the groceries, and more importantly, rub some elbows with your crazy ass and all who attend. I know damn well it's gonna be a blast!!

I hope you plan another one for next year...I think with so many folks coming to this one, it'll happen again.
Jason, rip some lips with the boy. Woot.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason....my friend.

Time with your son is far more important. I'm praying that the crappie attack the bait with a vengeance.

Also, thank that young man for serving our great nation. We are free to have this GTG because of brave men like him.
This last sea trial they had an entire full compliment of fighter jets, reconnaissance planes and re-fuelers. He was day shift for the first two weeks on the carrier flight deck, then they flipped him and many others to night shift. He said night shift, and its darker than ten hells, is crazy. The only light you get is when the afterburners kick in on catapult launches. Other than that, when aviators get the 'bingo' to land they get the strip lights, what fee they are, to land. He said you gotta really watch your ass at nighttime...it changes everything from daytime launches and recoveries.

I spent a couple of trips on aircraft carriers with my Marine Corps A-6/E Intruder and E/A-6B Prowler squadrons I was with in my younger days...that flight deck is a MF'r, whether it be day or night. Nighttime simply compounds things and you better be on your toes. You can call that Bering Sea, crab leg fishing the most dangerous job on the planet all ya want, on the ol' Discovery channel...let 'em launch aircraft and recover them in pitch black darkness on the ocean...and once they trap and hit a wire, gett'em outta the way, here goes another afterburner launch. It's a MF'r at nighttime...the moon don't always shine bright enough.

Fellas...I can't be more PROUD of my son for doing this with his F/A-18 Squadron. The Naval Aviators spend a lot of time talking to their maintenance/support crews nowadays, unlike the yrs past. Certainly unlike anything I was used to many yrs ago...they simply climbed in, strapped in, got gone off that flight deck. You'd get what we called a 'hunker down salute' right before that catapult kicked them right up their asses and sent them gone.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
good news for me and randy 100% chance of rain tonight and more to follow in a few days
knock the dust and put some moisture back in the air.
I sure hope you fellas get the rain...we need it here bad in mid-Ga, but you folks got the fires...I hope it just downpours up there.