High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

PAST Tennessee GTG @ Mastermind's

Sherm'n

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Brownsville ky which is Edmonson county about 35 miles from Glasgow and 20 miles from bowling green.
Lived in B G for a few years. Made some visits to Brownsville back then. A friend from Olympia, Wa is coming to the GTG with me, he has the next hill north.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not going to be able to make it .Georgia my lady was admitted to the hospitol last night ,very low hemoglobin .I think my best place is right here at this time .

That explains why she has been feeling poorly for the last 6 months .Now to correct the problem and get to the cause .

Yep, the best place for you is with her Al. Maybe next year my friend.

I am sad to report that I will not be attending either. I will be logging between this weekend and the next weekend and adding another 1,200 miles on the third weekend just isn't going to happen. Pregnant wife wasn't happy about the idea and when I finally folded she was much happier. Maybe next time...

Happy wife, happy life. I get it.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, the best place for you is with her Al. Maybe next year my friend.

Happy wife, happy life. I get it.
I realize I left an important part out.. logging 1000 miles, 650 this weekend and another 350 or so weekend after Thanksgiving. It would raise the 3 weekend total to 2,200 miles.

I am picking up my new to me John Deere though...

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind...Randy, my son aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson called me this afternoon. They've been on sea trials for about 28 days, hitting port at San Diego, Monday. We only talked for about 5 mins...they don't let those guys call very often and when they do it's a ship satellite phone...no cell phones allowed on the flight deck and you better not get caught with one...understandably so.

Son is coming home the end of this month for 9 days before they deploy in late Dec. First thing he said was, 'Dad, we gonna hunt some crappie ain't we?' He's like his ol' man, he knows the water temps are getting right. He mentioned either the following Sat/Sun to try and get on'em (Dec 3/4). I mentioned to him real quick about the GTG...as I quote his 25 yr old ass...'to hell with a chainsaw, I wanna snatch some lips.'

I ain't gonna make it this year...I'll miss you fellas that I wanted to shake hands with as a man, run some saws, drag the SS HD up there and let folks split with it, sit around shootin' the chit, having a great time.

I know we had a PM going and I told you I'd man handle the hog on the grill, and any other grills...I kinda feel like a turd in a punch bowl now.

I can't miss time with him and I'm slave to his regimen, understandably so, while he's here. He doesn't have enough time and grade (he's an E-3) yet to get a little better dates to come home more towards Christmas time prior to deployment. I gotta play the hand I'm dealt. I hope the lip-snatchin' crappie cooperate.

I'm damn glad he's coming home for a handful of days, but I'm sad I can't make the GTG. Again, would've liked to handle the grills for the groceries, and more importantly, rub some elbows with your crazy ass and all who attend. I know damn well it's gonna be a blast!!

I hope you plan another one for next year...I think with so many folks coming to this one, it'll happen again.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind...Randy, my son aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson called me this afternoon. They've been on sea trials for about 28 days, hitting port at San Diego, Monday. We only talked for about 5 mins...they don't let those guys call very often and when they do it's a ship satellite phone...no cell phones allowed on the flight deck and you better not get caught with one...understandably so.

Son is coming home the end of this month for 9 days before they deploy in late Dec. First thing he said was, 'Dad, we gonna hunt some crappie ain't we?' He's like his ol' man, he knows the water temps are getting right. He mentioned either the following Sat/Sun to try and get on'em (Dec 3/4). I mentioned to him real quick about the GTG...as I quote his 25 yr old ass...'to hell with a chainsaw, I wanna snatch some lips.'

I ain't gonna make it this year...I'll miss you fellas that I wanted to shake hands with as a man, run some saws, drag the SS HD up there and let folks split with it, sit around shootin' the chit, having a great time.

I know we had a PM going and I told you I'd man handle the hog on the grill, and any other grills...I kinda feel like a turd in a punch bowl now.

I can't miss time with him and I'm slave to his regimen, understandably so, while he's here. He doesn't have enough time and grade (he's an E-3) yet to get a little better dates to come home more towards Christmas time prior to deployment. I gotta play the hand I'm dealt. I hope the lip-snatchin' crappie cooperate.

I'm damn glad he's coming home for a handful of days, but I'm sad I can't make the GTG. Again, would've liked to handle the grills for the groceries, and more importantly, rub some elbows with your crazy ass and all who attend. I know damn well it's gonna be a blast!!

I hope you plan another one for next year...I think with so many folks coming to this one, it'll happen again.

Jason....my friend.

Time with your son is far more important. I'm praying that the crappie attack the bait with a vengeance.

Also, thank that young man for serving our great nation. We are free to have this GTG because of brave men like him.