Stihl MS500i

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Repped!

I too am "only" Bronze Stihl certified, but I work with some guys that went to the Silver training who routinely "flood" saws.

Uncertified Piney. Quite possibly certifiable, meh.
Training don't make you the the man like they think it will. Time "In the field" or "On the trigger" or "In the motor" is where it's @.
I still flood saws once in a while but I know when to put them down and wait or pull the plug. Common sense thing.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Uncertified Piney. Quite possibly certifiable, meh.
Training don't make you the the man like they think it will. Time "In the field" or "On the trigger" or "In the motor" is where it's @.
I still flood saws once in a while but I know when to put them down and wait or pull the plug. Common sense thing.
True. These fools I work with will just grab another new saw, and start over. A couple of these guys will set the chain tension, guitar string tight. Then start dicking with the carburetor when it won't spool up properly.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If your replying to my buddy whom is a platinum certified stihl tech as i stated in prev post's .He actually built his first saw at 12 years old he stated.His family as well as his self were cypress loggers in the pan handle of fl.they ran 20 in hardnose bars on 044s.His uncle had a rough cut cypress sawmill.He has a lot of time on the wrench and the trigger.that is why he has the qualifications he does. He is also the manager over the whole service dept. Incuding the lawnmower section as well.i tease him all the time and say hows it feel to be your age and work on alot of these saws that are older then you are and he just smiles. Thank you