Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You notice any differences Nick? @TreeLife
Any preferences? You ever try Carlton?
Looks like I gotta take a drive to NH to get my next Stihl chains. Lol
Yeah buddy, I've used the Carlton! Blount makes just about all the chain except for Stihl brand. As far as price goes? Oregon takes it or Woodland pro on Baileys. Quality? Innovation? Stihl chain rocks. It's geometry is different as well as the drivers being stippled to carry and hold more oil on them. I like the Stihl RS the most, but my wallet don't!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Nick. I wanted to hear it from an expert. Lol
Supposedly the new Husqvarna C85 chain is really good.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Obviously I'm in the same neighborhood as you, Jeremy. I was *b-wording about local chain prices forever, then I met Anthony, @Icepick69 . Life hasn't been the same since. Get in touch with him. :)
Ive bought from him.his prices are same as everywere else except custom loops and square ground in my experiance.just sayin thanx

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You never bought square from me.
Just saying
I know what you charge per link your prices are posted on your web sight on .325 squre and the square 3/8 i wanted you never brought in just sayin.i have bought quite a bit from you and referred you quite a few customers as well just sayin

Last edited:

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know what you charge per link your prices are posted on your web sight on .325 squre and the square 3/8 i wanted you never brought in just sayin.i have bought quite a bit from you and referred you quite a few customers as well just sayin
Your correct.
One bar and two chains.

And like always, thank you for your business.
Hope your surgery went ok. We're praying for you.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your correct.
One bar and two chains.

And like always, thank you for your business.
Hope your surgery went ok. We're praying for you.
3 chains 1 bar actually what about buddys whom. Have a continous bill with you ive sent your way?what about me recomending to you to grind .325 square and that i was sending my.325 chain to cali.to be square ground.you wernt interested and to busy.then a month or so later you called and asked what i was paying and what you know your square grinding .325 after my recomendation.toche thanks for prayers have a g nite brotha

Icepick69

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3 chains 1 bar actually what about buddys whom. Have a continous bill with you ive sent your way?what about me recomending to you to grind .325 square and that i was sending my.325 chain to cali.to be square ground.you wernt interested and to busy.then a month or so later you called and asked what i was paying and what you know your square grinding .325 after my recomendation.toche thanks for prayers have a g nite brotha
You go girl

Icepick69

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive bought from him.his prices are same as everywere else except custom loops and square ground in my experiance.just sayin thanx
I'll be in Kissimmee next week. Please post where you buy from. I would love to pick some up.
Just sayin.
Would love to see ya

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll be in Kissimmee next week. Please post where you buy from. I would love to pick some up.
Just sayin.
Would love to see ya
Not gonna feel like seeing anyone have to keep leg straight in a brace for over a week.to hard to get in and out of vehicle to wheelchair.im sorry bro enjoy your stay. The weather has been beutiful here maybe next time i could get you some free tickets to disney for the kids

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The thread was started with the premise that locally to the OP(and myself), prices are out of whack. And they are. I mentioned that Anthony's prices are much better, which is true.

That being said, regardless of anyone else's prices, what I said was absolutely accurate--Anthony has better prices than the dealers local to the OP.

It just so happens, I could care less what "everywhere else" sells chain for, because Anthony has a loyal customer now. Multiple times now, he has rolled a loop or four for me and had them out so quickly that he exceeded my expectations for speed. The chains are always perfect. And each and every time, he's sent a follow-up text which turns into a typically hilarious conversation, which is always welcome.

TL;DR: No need to argue or bicker, because my post was absolutely accurate, given local pricing.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The thread was started with the premise that locally to the OP(and myself), prices are out of whack. And they are. I mentioned that Anthony's prices are much better, which is true.

That being said, regardless of anyone else's prices, what I said was absolutely accurate--Anthony has better prices than the dealers local to the OP.

It just so happens, I could care less what "everywhere else" sells chain for, because Anthony has a loyal customer now. Multiple times now, he has rolled a loop or four for me and had them out so quickly that he exceeded my expectations for speed. The chains are always perfect. And each and every time, he's sent a follow-up text which turns into a typically hilarious conversation, which is always welcome.

TL;DR: No need to argue or bicker, because my post was absolutely accurate, given local pricing.
Were in my statement was i argueing or bickering? The thread is talking about stihl chain prices im allowed to comment my opinion about stihl chain prices as to were and how much they are just like you are and anyone else.the member that started this thread wasnt talking about anthonys chain prices.with that being said.fyi.so does that mean i cant post that i can get chains locally for the same price and not have to pay shipping on top of that.im confused here.furthermore i believe im the member whom referred you to him when you were looking for ps chain in such a hurry and were complaing he wasnt getting bsck to you when tou were mess. him. i then gave you name of his shop then you corrected me on a p's verses a'ps bar shop when i gave it to you.. Come to find out his dad was in the hospital at that time is why he hadnt responded to you thank you

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
5:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figured out a way to reduce the cost of the Stihl chain that I often use to cut firewood. Loggers around here all use 3/8" pitch Stihl chain and pay the high price needed to get it. They usually throw their chain loops away far before they are worn out. Most of the time, they file sharpen in the field and never even drop the rakers. I tell them to save those throwaway loops for me, and I can usually get four to five more sharpening cycles out of them.

And, they usually run 36" bars. I can link two or three of them together and make several shorter chain loops for cutting firewood. I know it sounds goofy and in the cheapskate category, but it works. Now, if I could just train them to file sharpen both the left and right cutters equally...:rolleyes:

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were in my statement was i argueing or bickering? The thread is talking about stihl chain prices im allowed to comment my opinion about stihl chain prices as to were and how much they are just like you are and anyone else.the member that started this thread wasnt talking about anthonys chain prices.with that being said.fyi.so does that mean i cant post that i can get chains locally for the same price and not have to pay shipping on top of that.im confused here.furthermore i believe im the member whom referred you to him when you were looking for ps chain in such a hurry and were complaing he wasnt getting bsck to you when tou were mess. him. i then gave you name of his shop then you corrected me on a p's verses a'ps bar shop when i gave it to you.. Come to find out his dad was in the hospital at that time is why he hadnt responded to you thank you

Lmao...

You referred me to some fictional place that only exists in your misspelled mind. Once I translated the gibberish, I found out that there was a place called AP's Bar Shop. I then contacted him, and forged what I like to think of as a friendship with Anthony. Because of the way he has handled business with me, he has a customer who won't look elsewhere for his products.

Now, as far as the bickering comment; I was referring to your hilarious back and forth with Anthony himself in this thread. I was simply stating that there was no need for arguing my point, because my point was quite accurate. And that was all I said.

As far as your confusion? I think that goes without saying. In a general sense. Not just in this thread. Or the internet, for that matter. I digress. Carry on.

Oh, and maybe try the shift key...and space bar...and spell check?