Couple of saw questions

Paul Lloyd-Jones

Just learning
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm new here and haven't posted much. When I don't know where to post a question, where do I post my question?
Examples of subjects I'm thinking about at the moment:
I have a CS620 that mostly runs fine but falters when I pick it up or move it around quickly.
I have an MTronic 441 that is about 9 years old, and very, very lightly used, but randomly won't run/start when it is hot (Coil?).
What are the tricks to taking apart a saw without letting debris fall into the carburator, crankcase, etc? Will one little tiny spec ruin the saw if it falls in unnoticed?
How often do people change their spark plugs and air filters for 620s, 194s, HT131s? How do you clean your air filters?
I don't really have any friends who are saw mechanics, and most of my local options for shops are not not very helpful for me, but it would be incredibly valuable for me to have someone I could call to pick their brain when I'm working with something in the field. (I run a tree service with my brother, and we have about 30 pieces of power equipment, and I am currently the one who keeps everything going or replaces it, but I'm not a mechanic... yet). I would pay someone a monthly fee to be a lifeline for me. This site is great, and I learn a lot on here, but sometimes I know I could get an answer in 30 seconds on the phone that will take me an hour on here. Where would I post to look for someone who might be open to that?
Lots more, but that's what's on my mind at the moment.

Paul Lloyd-Jones

Just learning
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:facepalm:. I just realized I can just click on the Chainsaws forum and post. For some reason, I thought I had to click on a forum within that one before I could post a question, and I kept getting overwhelmed with which one to pick. (I have perfectionitis).

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:facepalm:. I just realized I can just click on the Chainsaws forum and post. For some reason, I thought I had to click on a forum within that one before I could post a question, and I kept getting overwhelmed with which one to pick. (I have perfectionitis).
Moved it for ya.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm new here and haven't posted much. When I don't know where to post a question, where do I post my question?
Examples of subjects I'm thinking about at the moment:
I have a CS620 that mostly runs fine but falters when I pick it up or move it around quickly.
I have an MTronic 441 that is about 9 years old, and very, very lightly used, but randomly won't run/start when it is hot (Coil?).
What are the tricks to taking apart a saw without letting debris fall into the carburator, crankcase, etc? Will one little tiny spec ruin the saw if it falls in unnoticed?
How often do people change their spark plugs and air filters for 620s, 194s, HT131s? How do you clean your air filters?
I don't really have any friends who are saw mechanics, and most of my local options for shops are not not very helpful for me, but it would be incredibly valuable for me to have someone I could call to pick their brain when I'm working with something in the field. (I run a tree service with my brother, and we have about 30 pieces of power equipment, and I am currently the one who keeps everything going or replaces it, but I'm not a mechanic... yet). I would pay someone a monthly fee to be a lifeline for me. This site is great, and I learn a lot on here, but sometimes I know I could get an answer in 30 seconds on the phone that will take me an hour on here. Where would I post to look for someone who might be open to that?
Lots more, but that's what's on my mind at the moment.
Hello. I have a 441 too. Powerful saws, aren't they? Did you get answers to your questions? I bet you could find someone in your area to ask for help. We have a thread for Kansa and surround states on here. I wonder if there's one for your area? If not, you could start one. If you have questions, shoot me a message.