High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl .325 RS pro NK

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Found a short shot or bite of that 325 Oregon NK chain.
Enough to get one or two more loops from it :)

That number surprised the heck outta me. I’ve never seen better out of the box , off the roll performance than this chain delivers. Ran to the basement to check mine and measured factory depth gauges @ .017o_O I wood half guest closer two .025 based on how it cuts in hard frozen oak and ash.
That is just the task it will be set to do today and tomorrow.

@QuickDrawSaw
Get me your preset specs from your chain in statue numbers. I have quite a selection here of most presets ever made in 3/8, 325 and 1/4"
Some 404 and a few 1/2. I give all the 7/16 and 9/16 stuff to Lee. No Mac chains or pre-sets for those.
If not my dealers should have something squirreleded away.

QuickDrawSaw

Useless as tits on a bull
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes! Your dealer should be able to get them.
I work at a dealer in CT, and thats what our parts guy said Stihl told him.

Couldn't you use normal .325 drive link and connectors?
Normal .325 from Stihl is .063 gauge. We have a bunch of those presets at the shop. Wont work for the 23RS chain.
Found a short shot or bite of that 325 Oregon NK chain.
Enough to get one or two more loops from it :)

That is just the task it will be set to do today and tomorrow.

@QuickDrawSaw
Get me your preset specs from your chain in statue numbers. I have quite a selection here of most presets ever made in 3/8, 325 and 1/4"
Some 404 and a few 1/2. I give all the 7/16 and 9/16 stuff to Lee. No Mac chains or pre-sets for those.
If not my dealers should have something squirreleded away.
its Stihls newer .325 chain 23RS. Its a .050 narrow kerf chain. Part# on box is 3690 005 0080.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that’s the point. He bought loops. They don’t have a roll or problem solved...

.325 x .050 is pretty common on small Husqvarna saws. I would be snooping around shops that might have some of that in stock.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact that Stihl won't let him order or send him what he needs makes me outraged!!!

QuickDrawSaw

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl 23rm3 is .050 gauge. Local dealer had bulk for other brands.
If I'm not mistaken its only .050 below the tie straps and .063 where the strap is. The new chain is .050 the whole height of the drive tooth with no step down.

@QuickDrawSaw
If you work at a Stihl dealer and you can't get it then I'm at a complete loss here.
You mean to tell me your store can't just give you what you need off the roll?
I'm actually shocked here!!!
Trust me I was pretty shocked myself...
I think that’s the point. He bought loops. They don’t have a roll or problem solved...

.325 x .050 is pretty common on small Husqvarna saws. I would be snooping around shops that might have some of that in stock.
Good call on the husky shops. Didn't think of that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made me look. Your right about stihl chain is 050 in the bar and larger by the straps. Oregon chain appears to be 050 the entire drive link.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your going to be hearing this a lot, "Here's the deal..."
Most of the Stihl chain is 063 ground thinner at the drive link on most 3/8" chain. The NK chains use an 0.050 drive link or 0.043
You can use wider presets in narrow kerf chain if the pin shoulders are the same size, width and height and the pin. It will be loose if you don't file down the driver link. The chassis height can be cut down with a file on replacement cutters. For work chain the riding driver could care less about chassis height. Many chain pieces will interchange if made by the same company or made to the same size spec. Harvesters chains are their own thing with its own parts and does not interchange with most regular 404 chain

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a bit of a mess when I got some as the stihl distributor did not have the number in there system and said the part number was invalid.

QuickDrawSaw

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you looking for the part number of the presets for 23rs pro?

Regular 23rs presets wont work on 23rs pro. I found out the hard way. I have some 23rs pro presets
Yes I'm looking for 2 presets and a drive link for the 23rs pro. Would you be interested in selling/ trading for what I need? Or if you have the part# handy that would work too lol

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I listed the part number above for the presets. I would be willing to send you a drive link and two presets. Pm me your address.