SOLD stihl 044 screw cap tank

Trader history (2)

bplust

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I too prefer the older screw cap tanks. This is a great opportunity for someone to snag a nice and clean one at a more than fair price.

However, (at this moment) there are a finite amount of these tanks floating around, and being that the supply is as thin as it is, I modified a flippy cap tank to ensure that it doesn't leak at the cap, guaranteed.

I took a soldering iron, and fused the cap to the tank. Now, all I have to do is pop out the tank vent and fill the tank through the vent hole. It only takes 7 minutes to fill the tank, and you'll avoid all further flippy cap maladies.

It's just that easy!

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing personal but that sounds like jerry rigging.at that point i would have to accept the flippy cap tank and have a hybrid saw and it be what it be my brotha

bplust

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's not jerry-rigging, it's high-brow engineering. A product of the culmination of several accredited collegiate degrees worth of (useless) information I've absorbed from watching Youtube.

In all seriousness, my previous post was a joke. If I'm not giving out bad information, then I'm probably being a goofball. It can be a task to discern between the two, so it's best to pass over anything I post.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im not even gonna comment on this thread anymore.its totally going somewere that has nothing to do with the guy trying to sell his item. Good luck maulhead your tank is worth it like i stated i have bought 2 at about your price and they are rare like i stated from beginning

mikerudder

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for anything in a trade?
have some stuff kicking around that I don't really need but that tank would go perfect with my project
let me know!

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for anything in a trade?
have some stuff kicking around that I don't really need but that tank would go perfect with my project
let me know!

Send me a PM.

Thanks.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, there's a few chips there, no holes.

Tank does not leak.
Cool,,, My old tired Eyes just cant tell anymore GLWS,,, FWIW, a little epoxy and the Stihl Protector will take care of beefing that up and making it good as new

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think the early tanks had a provision for the metal guard... in not sure if it can be added or not?

I've tried those chinese screw caps that replace the flippy caps they are so tight you allmost need channel locks to put them on and take off the are so tight i bought 8 and sent that crap back and got a refund
Too bad you can't get a refund from your English teacher. o_O

I got a set from @Definitive Dave for my 440, and they worked flawlessly...

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think the early tanks had a provision for the metal guard... in not sure if it can be added or not?

Too bad you can't get a refund from your English teacher. o_O

I got a set from @Definitive Dave for my 440, and they worked flawlessly...
With regard to the aluminum tank protector, Anything is possible w/epoxy!!

Sorry, I'm unable to offer any helpful advice with the need of the English teacher,,, LOLOL!!!:borra2:

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dont be a grammer nazi and a sarcastic jerk .we are men spose to helping each other out about saws on a chainsaw forum. you just pop in here out of no where and start with the sarcastic coments,when i hadnt even replied to you with comnents that are totaly unwaranted and demeaning of others not cool.i did nothing to you so uncool.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont be a grammer nazi and a sarcastic jerk .we are men spose to helping each other out about saws on a chainsaw forum. you just pop in here out of no where and start with the sarcastic coments,when i hadnt even replied to you with comnents that are totaly unwaranted and demeaning of others not cool.i did nothing to you so uncool.

Just breathe. It's ok.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got 4 sets of flippy cap replacements from left coast supplies.in hopes to give 2 sets to a friend. I thought this was answer to my problem they were super tight on my 044 with a 440 tank.that was before i found an old school 044 tank and switched it,Also tried them on my 361 same problem.im not sure if daves were diff.style or not but i was not happy with them. I called left coast supplies they were happy to refund my money,they actually tried some they had on a saw there and agreed.as matter of fact they were gonna contact there vendor about it .thanx no further comment have great day

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd rather the flip cap replacements be tight I guess maybe you may want to go to the oem flip caps

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ones from Dave were just right. They didn't leak, were simple to use, and could be removed or replaced easily with just your bare hand.

Dare I say, that they are better than even the screw in caps found on the older 0-series saws...

I do, however, hate a mismatched saw... so this would be perfect for an old 044 with a busted handle. GLWS, Matt.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got 4 sets of flippy cap replacements from left coast supplies.in hopes to give 2 sets to a friend. I thought this was answer to my problem they were super tight on my 044 with a 440 tank.that was before i found an old school 044 tank and switched it,Also tried them on my 361 same problem.im not sure if daves were diff.style or not but i was not happy with them. I called left coast supplies they were happy to refund my money,they actually tried some they had on a saw there and agreed.as matter of fact they were gonna contact there vendor about it .thanx no further comment have great day

Mine are
Different from left coast shoot me your address by pm
Dave

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lol thats why i bought a 044 parts saw with good tank for my 10 mm 044. Ks angle fin cylinder , and then had a 440 parts saw that got crushed by a tree i built and put the 440 tank off my 044 on it and sold the 440.then another old school tank popped up and for the 044 parts saw i bought then i built a 12 mm 044 with ks angle fin on it as well problem solved