Steel toes kill my toes

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been wearing Danner Quarry with composite toe for a long time. I’ve never had a better pair of boots.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear Timberland pro boondocks.
Composite toe. Only boot I've found that will actually give me a year of wear in my work environment.
I kneel down every time I set hoist arms, and that's on both side of the vehicle, average say 6+ cars a day. That's alot of bending the boot at the toes and I don't feel it at all.
Oil, gas, diesel, gear lube, antifreeze, these boots get saturated with it all, plus winter with snow melting off cars, I'm often standing in Salt water too.

20220225_070616.jpg 20220225_070623.jpg

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danner power foreman.
Every year they get more expensive. I found a deal on these, otherwise I’m not sure I’m gunna keep getting them. Love these boots but damn they are proud of em.
They have a few other wedge soles that are cheaper. My Quarry were $175 when i started buying them now they’re $300

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes they do, like the bull runs. Hard to down grade after wearing these for so many years.
They have them in Quarry too. Not sure what makes them $100 cheaper

blackbruin

Heeeeeeere's Johnny!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've worn the made is USA Chippewas loggers for a long a$$ time. They no longer make them. I prebought a rebuild for the pair I had and was told no longer available but they would replace it with a foreign built brand. I happened to find an amish store that had 3 pair in my size yet and bought them all. Don't know what I'm gonna do when they all get worn out.
Just adapt like I have been for years

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of guys i work with wear heeled boots. I never could wear a heel. No way i could now since i hurt my back

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I messed up something in my left foot a year or two ago and if it doesn’t have a ton of arch support, it hurts. The other thing is I’m the boss at a machine and welding shop so I try to keep a middle of road appearance. Not too dressy not too clunky. Then after work I might be sawing or working on my stuff or off-roading or who knows… I like these black Chippewas I just got, best pair I’ve had, but the no steel makes me a little nervous. I tend to get in go mode and get careless and tear my arms and legs up…

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
…like rolling the tread lug of a 45” 2-300# tire over my toe last night. I also tend to be a bit of a monkey, climbing all over stuff. When I was clearing out those athel pines last year, there was a lot of scrambling and I’d come home with my legs all skinned up wearing my logging boots. I figured out that it was because I could feel with my feet. Went to my Merrill trail running shoes and no more slip and fall…but they aren’t really appropriate for work. Get full of dirt and saw dust, welding slag, etc.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wear Timberland pro boondocks.
Composite toe. Only boot I've found that will actually give me a year of wear in my work environment.
I kneel down every time I set hoist arms, and that's on both side of the vehicle, average say 6+ cars a day. That's alot of bending the boot at the toes and I don't feel it at all.
Oil, gas, diesel, gear lube, antifreeze, these boots get saturated with it all, plus winter with snow melting off cars, I'm often standing in Salt water too.

View attachment 328476 View attachment 328477
Chinese boots may work for you, or maybe you just haven’t tried the right boot yet.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some are USA made and others are not. Gotta watch that with Danner’s

Quarry's are made in USA also. No idea why they are $100+ cheaper. Quarry comes in a wedge too it the Foreman's are getting to pricey

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know a decently priced place to send out for resole. ? I’ve done these once. They were wedge originally but got freshened up by a local who retired. He had these soles in stock. They were fine. Anyway I’m not wearing them now nica use I’ve cut them so they have me walking wrong. Love those boots. They’re the red wing heritage

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh boy I've been slightly nerding out with this subject.

I would say visit a good boot store and get your foot measured. I did this with a pair of Super sole 2.0 with a different insert from them that matched my foot perfectly.

The 2.0 has a bigger toe box than the original super sole.

Also look at the Thorogood Emperor toe it's supposed has an over sized toe box.

Also I've been watching this dude to find out whats what on boots.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOzFLT3S_I6UE9EC2LT-J6iJduFTrHjdw

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a new set of Irish setters I go “out” in I scored for 80$ The Farmington’s smooth sole. Which I love.

my danners are 8” with a touch of thinsulate

another brand new set of USA red wings.

but I want my damn old ones back. They have the leather insole that is glove fit for me. They’re 300 ish new so I’d like to put a few more miles on em. Uppers are still good enough for another redone in my opinion

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the Labonville boots. Break in was brutal; I wanted to throw them away but didn't. They are the only steel toe boots I have found acceptable; I have wide feet and steel toes are normally kill me in the toe are. Labonville's have a wide toe box. The quality is decent. The soles came unglued so I had them resoled. One of the tongues has semi-fallen apart, but still functional.

FYI, I do not wear work boots every day, so keep that into consideration. Almost any pair of work boots kills my feet after 4-6 hours anyway, including the Labonvilles.

@Deets066 is correct on the boot dryer. Best investment ever.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know a decently priced place to send out for resole. ? I’ve done these once. They were wedge originally but got freshened up by a local who retired. He had these soles in stock. They were fine. Anyway I’m not wearing them now nica use I’ve cut them so they have me walking wrong. Love those boots. They’re the red wing heritage

Give it a try yourself. I'm in the middle of resoling a pair or RW 8188 that I picked up with a damaged toe. Changed it from a 270 degree welt with a heel to a 360 welt with a Vibram 2060. I replaced the cork filler with leather and added a midsole.