davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wore caterpillar Alaska’s in my teens and 20s. Switched to Chippewa 6” leather boots, low heel. Had several pairs, good boots. One steel toe pair fit ok. While back I got some steel toe Chippewa loggers. Recently I got some steel toe “jump boots”. Canvas and leather, low heel. Both boots pairs, mainly on my right foot, crush the ends of my toes in, especially walking on rough terrain. I can’t wear them. It’s like the sole curls up too much and hit my toes, I don’t think it’s the steel toe itself. I have long skinny feet except wide at the front. Any input or ideas? I hate not wearing steel toes for sawing and really should wear them all the time for the stuff I’m always up to. I smashed my toe with a deuce tire tonight…

Stihl036

3% Neanderthal
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought about that but my feet are so skinny I already cinch my laces all the way up, boots slip around on my feet too much.

I can't stand having my heel slide up and down against the back of a boot.

I wear cheap boots. Herman Survivors with the fiber toe. I might get a year out of a pair but always have three pair at a time that I rotate through. I won't wear a new boot for a day's work without wearing it casually for a few days to break it in. For me new boots and a full days work I end up with sore feet.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t do steel toes. Just take caution to watch where I put my feet. Most of the stuff I’d smash a toro on the steel would just make things worse.

I can wear wedge/ heal/ no heal. Doesn’t much matter. I do have a pair of danners I like. Had some Chippewa I didn’t like. Few pair of red wing. Doesn’t matter but I usually buy good boots. My feet are pretty skinny. 11d is what tends to fit but I’ve never had a steel toe that didn’t fugg w my feet

If you don’t need steel toe. I wouldn’t wear em

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found Cofra work boots about 15 years ago,an Italian company ,boots made in Albania
I get 3-4 summers out of the before they are questionable.
They take about a day to break in,after that you forget you have new boots on.
I have a ankle that has no support and these boots give it all i need.Also have a big toe that has been crushed a couple times and can be sensitive at times.No issues with the boots.
Composite toes and foot protection.
I buy the same model all the time,and sometimes can make a pair out of a couple old pairs
The run $200.00 canukistain pesos

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of good advice here.
Never heard of that Italian company but options and prices look good. The good Danner company has gone to import versions just like Red Wing so do some checking on country of origin.
Definitely recommend changing boots out every other day.
And have the change outs hanging on the drier ready to go.
For being around tree felling David you should be wearing internal met guard style boots. This is gonna piss off some old loggers and hate not intended guys, just safety awareness.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s hot and dry here…moisture isn’t really a thing, haha. They dry every night on their own. Actually have enough pairs now I don’t usually wear the same pair every day.
It’s different, your boots fit tighter. Hard to explain until you try it.
Even if my boots sit all weekend, it’s not the same as coming off of the dryer.