So what happened to my chaps?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Inspired by these posts I just made another search looking in smaller and less likely places. Looked in my Bobcat, several trailers, vehicles (for the third or fourth time) and once again searched the shop and garage. Nada. Then I looked again in the mudroom, down the basement, and nuttin. I'm stumped. Groundi suggests I just wear the black forestry pants to conduct the saw testing and I can do that. I'm sure they'll eventually show up...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the time, my chaps are hanging over something in the shop or in my truck. Both the truck and shop have been thoroughly "stirred" in the last several weeks due to different projects I've been working on. So with that knowledge I've been searching for them in an unusual location since I've ensured they're not in the truck. I'm 90% sure they're not in the garage and I suspect they're in the shop which is large and messy... Maybe it would be easier to just buy another pair...

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Make sure you didn't put them in a junk, to be sorted later, box in the garage. I do that all the time when I clean my truck out, I put stuff in a box and say I'll sort it later and a month later I need something and swear it's in the truck, and nada.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure you didn't put them in a junk, to be sorted later, box in the garage. I do that all the time when I clean my truck out, I put stuff in a box and say I'll sort it later and a month later I need something and swear it's in the truck, and nada.
That's a good thought but these are Labonville full wrap chaps so they're not small and they're red so it's not like they're going to fit in a Kleenex box. I can't imagine a scenario that they're gone, I believe they're "hiding" somewhere.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Order a new pair. They will show up pretty quick.

Philbert
I probably would if I had a free shipping coupon for Baileys. But I don't so I'll just wait for them to peek out at me from somewhere...

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok Ill be the one. Where was the last time you were cutting?:D

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I did buy a really nice pair of suspenders today, at a garage sale for 50 cents, that I plan to use with a future pair of chaps.

Philbert

Did you get some Morks?

rainbow-suspenders-40.gif

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
6:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have long suspected that my devious and untrustworthy wife has been hiding my stuff in places she knows I wouldn't think to look. Like, in plain sight or the place I left the stuff. Still, I've developed a system to offset her weak attempts to make it look like I'm suffering from dementia. I look for something else, instead! This system was developed from careful observations I have made about lost stuff. When looking for something that you just saw an hour ago, but is now missing... you always find all kinds of stuff you lost sometime last year, or completely forgot that you owned. Therefore, you must look for something that you know you have lost, but is not what you really want to find. Then, your odds of finding it will be much better.

Works some of the time. Sometimes, I get interested in the stuff I'm finding that isn't what I'm not looking for, and forget what it was that I'm supposed to not be looking for.

:watchout: